Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Do I Have A Case. Ohio

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do I Have A Case. Ohio

    Would like to know if I have a case? I was over looked for a department to some one who is a black female and had less senority than me. I finaly got the department, but I'm being told that I'm temperaly. Now there is a plant wide lay off and now being moved out of my department and another black female gets to stay and there is also others members on another shift one a older white lady with less senority and a black male and a black female. This is a union shop and everyone is part of the union.

  • #2
    Contact your union rep


    • #3
      It depends on the reason you were not seleted for the position and were selected for the lay off. Seniority isn't always the determining factor so you will have to look to your CBA to see if this is addressed. Same goes for those on other shifts.

      Your best bet is to talk to your union.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


      • #4
        Agree, you'll have to talk to your union rep. We don't know what your CBA says.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

        Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


        • #5
          Thanks will do.


          The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.