X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bears00
    replied
    Originally posted by mitousmom View Post
    As Betty3 noted, you have onlty 90 days from your receipt of the right to sue letter to file in federal district court, not 180 days.

Why didn't EEOC file suit on your behalf?
    If their field office is like ours, they only sue on the employee's behalf when they are in possession of the "legal holy graille:" THE SMOKING GUN!!!

If she didn't have "the smoking gun," our office will only recommend a right to sue.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    I would talk to an attorney as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

• lildame
    replied
    I live in pierce county. I just recieved my letter last Thursaday (May 15) so everything is just happening so fast. But by reading what everyone has said I need to get moving.

Leave a comment:

• mitousmom
    replied
    As Betty3 noted, you have onlty 90 days from your receipt of the right to sue letter to file in federal district court, not 180 days.

Why didn't EEOC file suit on your behalf?

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    Agreed.

Get an attorney and screw them into the ground.

Let us know how you do.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    You can file a lawsuit against your former employer. The lawsuit should be filed within 90 days once you receive the "right to sue" letter.

Leave a comment:

• washington eeoc in my favor what to do now? Washington

Long story short I worked for the state department of agriculture and was the only woman in the department for 4yrs. Other men were being hired at higher wages, 'moving up" and getting more training. I complained nothing was done. A very strange guy was hired who would say very very gross things directed at women while looking at the wall or ceiling but still very directed towards me. I again complained nothing was done at management level... well was told we had different personalities and we all had to get along. So I went above my managment to state level and "told" on them. Well I was told nothing would be held against me but ehy hired 7 men over me some off the street. I filed with the EEOC and the same day the State got the paper work of my charges I was fired. This was all April 2006. So after all this time finaly get a decision, state is in the wrong and we want to mediate. I ask for back wages and some compensation. The state never replies. I get a right to sue letter so now what do I do?? Any advise would be much liked!!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X