This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when is it harrasment??(federal??) Pennsylvania Pennsylvania

i posted this twice, as im not sure which forum to put it in. mods, please feel free to move or delete if its not at home here.

i work for a local municipality, so im under the employ of elected officials, there is no qualification to run, and it shows.

anyhow, one of the new supervisors is a miserable *******. he is making the work environment here such that no one even wants to come into work anymore. there are only 3 of us employed here in the dpw. its not a big operation. most of the problems are typical politician type bs that were used to putting up with here. they tell you something and use vocal tone and language to imply what they want to say, but use diction that leaves doubt as to the "intent" of what they mean so there is no real ground to stand on if you complain about it.(if im communicating my point correctly. hopefully this made sense)

recently they put up a sign "new employee incentive program---work or get fired". is this sufficient basis for a harassment claim??

i know it has to go through the federal l&i, because the last time one of my co-workers was threatened with termination for requesting information that is gaurenteed under the freedom of information act and the sunshine law, i called the pa dept of l+i, and they told me since it was a municipality, i had to go through the federal dept, and my co-worker was "over it" and wasnt fired, so we didnt push it further.

btw, no union, and the "contract" were working under is from 1985, none of the current employees have ever signed it or been given a copy.

Comment

Illegal harrassment/discrimination is disparate treatment based on a protected characteristic, such as race, gender, national origin, religion, etc. or a violation of public policy, such as filing a Work Comp claim for reporting a violation of law to the proper regulatory authority.

Although this may be uncomfortable, unfair, or whatever else you want to call it, nothing you have posted would indicate that illegal harrassment is occuring.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X