This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short term disabilty for illness

Does anyone know what the STD laws in PA are?
    Does PA provide any STD benefits if an employer doesn't cover the entire 3 month period?
    I had a kidney transplant 1 1/2 yrs ago and I am currently trying to make a decision to take a Job with a college in PA. However their STD only covers the first 30 days of illness. Months 2 and 3 there is no pay. At the end of 90 days the LTD kicks in. That could leave me with 2 months without pay should I get very sick. Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Mary Lynn
    Does anyone know what the STD laws in PA are?
    Does PA provide any STD benefits if an employer doesn't cover the entire 3 month period?
    I had a kidney transplant 1 1/2 yrs ago and I am currently trying to make a decision to take a Job with a college in PA. However their STD only covers the first 30 days of illness. Months 2 and 3 there is no pay. At the end of 90 days the LTD kicks in. That could leave me with 2 months without pay should I get very sick. Thanks for any help.

It appears the standard for STD is 173 hours of pay (which is just over 4 weeks.) DO you have have sick days or vacation time you can use to add on to that to ease the transition?
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X