Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

salary terminated to hourly Michigan Michigan

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • salary terminated to hourly Michigan Michigan

    I have been sick with the flu. Notified my employer 1 hour before my shift that I was unable to work. Everything ok. Was going to contact again that evening as I was unable to work the following day as well. Fell asleep with fever to late to call so we have been communicating by text about work issues recently due to infant at home not wanting to wake him. So I prepared a text but in error did not hit send following day phone call are you coming to work sorry no I'm not well did you not receive my text? No big mistake granted! but understood. Now they want to take me off salary and put me back on hourly. Now mind you I have been 60+ hours and more with no problems for over a year I also have a doctors note from urgent care and an upper respiratory infection to boot I am the sous chef so not wanting to infect the kitchen I think there posture is a little out of wack?

  • #2
    Are they switching you to hourly going forward permanently or only for the week you are out sick?


    • #3
      Salary is just a pay method. A sous chef would not qualify as exempt so either way, you are essentially being paid the same. If you are working 60+ hours a week, being paid hourly could be a bonus for you.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.