This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California SDI New Claim after one ends

I have been off and on, on the same claim for 2 years...I had a failed surgery on my shoulder at the end of 2009...I was out for a few months and went back to work as limited duty only (limited duty and reduced wages but still over what SDI payes..so no supplemental pay from SDI) , for approx 8 months...At that time my employer had no more limited duty work so I had to go back out on SDI on the same claim (able to cont. the claim because I was working limited duty)...Was out approx 3 months then went back to work...same thing (limited duty)...worked up until Dec. and employer ran out of limited work for me...I have been collecting the remainder of my claim and it exhausts in a few weeks....2 different SDI employees told me I can reopen a NEW claim once this one has ended (since I have been earning wages for most the time the claim has been open)....but I talked to someone today and they said I cannot open a NEW claim till I have worked at full capacity for 1 month.

Which of these statements is true?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

nunya71, I note your question has been here for several days with 91 views so far but no replies. Apparently no one who has read the post knows exactly how to answer your question.

I can give you a link to the Ca. SDI law - you might be able to find your answer there.
    http://www.edd.ca.gov:80/Disability/DI_Eligibility.htm

It seems calling them will not help since you are getting different answers.

If you can't find the answer in the link above, you might want to try going ahead & submitting a request to "reopen" a new claim & see what happens/what they say.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X