Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

NON- FMLA and unscheduled intermittent Leave Texas

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NON- FMLA and unscheduled intermittent Leave Texas

    An employe has uses all PTO time, employed 7 months so does not qualify FMLA requirements. Request Leave for immediate surgery requires by doctor for cronic sinus removal of fungas ball in Sinis cavity. Leave time 7 days without any for seen complications. Employe asked in she qualifies for unscheduled internittent leave. Does she qualify ? Job Reinstament qualifications? Does this meet ADA regulations

  • #2
    There is no such thing, in Texas, as non-FMLA intermittant time off that is protected by law, so anything she qualifies for is entirely up to your policies. Same with reinstatement rights. Since this sounds to be short term it is probably not protected under the ADA but there's not really enough information about the condition to say for certain.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Agree, there is no non-FMLA intermittent job protected leave available to her. I'm not sure either about any ADA job protected leave but most likely not.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.