X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherre1
    replied
    Thank you to all who answered my question! I kina had that feeling and yes its the pits!

Leave a comment:

• CatBert
    replied
    As lousy as it is, it is completely legal. I know it's the pits, but that's the way it goes.

Have you indeed been discharged?

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    If you do not qualify for FMLA, they can in every state. No state has a law that prohibits an employer from firing an employee on unprotected medical leave.

That doesn't mean that they will - just that if they do, it is likely legal.

Leave a comment:

• state of WA can my company fire me while out for medical reasons? Washington

So i have a torn ACL and miniscus. Last week i further injerd my knee and had to take off a week early for my surgery. I did not know i had a torn ACL prior to being hired on at this job. It has become impossible for me to preform my work duties. So i must get the surgery, but i havent worked for the company for too long and dont qualify for FMLA. So in the state of WA can my company fire me while out for medical reasons?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X