This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMLA - Unemployment North Carolina

I have been employed for the same company since 2004. I have been on FMLA since September, I have used all of my STD and was on co paid LTD until I returned to work a week ago.

My dr. initially released me to work part time for 3 weeks in October, so I would be able to pace myself and reduce any flares (I am diagnosed with MS and a seizure disorder...) My employer chose not to accept the part time work and I remained off work until last week. I requested my doctor release me to work full time a week early, because I felt an obligation to my employer to try and get back to work asap.

After 4 days of 9+ hours in a physically demanding job, I realize that I can't work these hours without an accommodation to limit lifting and climbing. In the past, my employer did not approve accommodations as they are deemed critical job functions. If my employer refuses the accommodations and my FMLA runs out, I suspect I will be terminated. My question is this, would I be eligible to receive unemployment compensation while I look for a job suitable to my physical limitations?

Thank You...

Duplicate post
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I made the other thread duplicate thread at exact same time you made this one duplicate - I deleted duplicate off the other one.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
        I made the other thread duplicate thread at exact same time you made this one duplicate - I deleted duplicate off the other one.
        Sorry.... I wasn't sure which forum this question belonged in...

Comment

That's ok but whichever one you posted it in, it would have gotten read.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X