This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware

I work for the state of delaware. I was on short term disability for pregnancy approved from april 1st 09 to july 26th 09 through hartford.
    I got a call from my employer on july 6th saying my contract has been changed and I no longer have short term disability. I had a C-section on June 15th and I could not return to work right away. I joined on August 1st. I was not paid for the month of july, although I had sick time and vacation that I had accrued. My employer says as per the new contract I signed, that could not be rolled over effective july 1st. Now they are asking me to pay for $1288 by Aug 26th or they will terminate mine and my family's health insurance benefits effective july 1st. They gave me this via email on aug 21st. Can they do this? They say I was not on payroll for the month of july so i should pay my own health insurance.

Only a Delaware attorney who has read both the old and the new contract can answer this question. We cannnot comment on the terms of a contract we have not read.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X