This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabiltiy in Pennsylvania

I have been out on STD for about six weeks. I know I can be terminated after 12 weeks after FMLA runs out.

I have been hospitalized with COPD twice in the past 5 months. An I am on Oxygen 24/7. I am also Diabetic with sever Neuropathy and can not walk.

I have two questions.

First, my company also has Long Term Disability. How can I go about getting on LTD?

Also, I have applied for SS Disability. How long does it take to get an answer from the government.

Thanks in advance!!

Did you opt for the LTD coverage when it was offered? SSI often take quite a while to my understanding.

I'm sorry for your situation. A very dear friend had sever neuropathy relative to his diabetes and it was horrendous for him.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Ltd

I did not have to opt for LTD. It is paid for by my Employer

Comment

You didn't have to enroll at all? Pretty good deal.

Contact HR about the way to apply.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

should i wait until 12 weeks is almost up?

Comment

If it's pretty certain that you aren't going to be able to go back to work, you should file as soon as the insurance company lets you. I know with my friend, it took at least 2 months to work its way through and he was able to get his first LTD check.

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X