Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Probationary period Texas

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Probationary period Texas

    My son was hired at a fast food establishment. The manager hired him because of his smile and personality. He told her that he was a little slow to learn and had never given change or worked a cash register and that he would like to work in the kitchen. He has worked 3 days in 2 weeks and was scheduled to work today but was told that it was slow so he did not have to work. He looked at the schedule for the next week and he was given no hours which would make it hard to learn and get better. It looks like they’re not going to give him much of a chance to get faster and better. So may question would be what is a legal opportunity to learn the job or the probationary time.

  • #2
    There are no laws at all requiring them to give him time to learn the job and no laws at all defining a probationary period.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      If he's not getting very many hrs. a week or no hrs., he might want to look for other employment.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.