X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    Almost certainly, your STD benefits will continue through whoever it is right now, whether that's the employer or the insurance carrier. As for the LTD benefits, again it depends entirely on the wording of the policy, but 99.9999% of the time what matters is the date that you became disabled, not your employment status at the time your benefits shift from one to the other.

I can't carve anything in stone since I have not read your policies. But I can tell you that it would be very, very much the exception if your benefits, both STD and LTD, did not continue.

Leave a comment:

• dottiec
    replied
    Worried in Missouri STD benefits

So, my std benefits will still be through my employer, is that correct? And what happens if it turns into long term disability? Can they deny it then? Thank you so much!! I am very relieved already!!

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Agreed. As I have reassured many posters, I have been administering employer-sponsored benefits plans for coming up on 30 years, and I have never seen and only once heard of a plan where benefits stopped with employment.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Whether you would lose your STD benefits at termination of employment would be in the policy provisions. However, it would be very rare that STD benefits do not continue after termination if you are still disabled.

Leave a comment:

• Short term disability-will they stop if I am "let go?" Missouri

Hello, I have just been approved for std through the company my employer uses. I have exhaused my FMLA, my Medical leave of absence and any other time that would protect my job for my return upon my healing.
    My doctors will not release me to go back to work , I don't forsee that happening for quite some time. My employer informed me that my days not at work from here on in are "unexcused" regardless of the medical documentation and doctors orders. After so many "unexcused absences," my employer told me we will need to discuss "separation."
    If they fire me, let me go, whatever they are calling it today, will I LOSE my STD benefits as well?? I'm very worried about that, because I cannot work right now, and I will need some income, somehow. Does anyone know if I will be able to keep receiving STD benefits after my employment termination? I live in Missouri, if that helps.
    Anyone have any suggestions for me as to what to do or research or contact for assistance for help? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
    Worried in Missouri
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X