Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Michigan Factory employers suppose to carry short term disability?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    You can't collect unemployment ins. unless you are ready, willing & able to work.

Michigan is not one of the very few states where state disability ins. is required though some employers may choose to carry it. Your employer may not.
    I assume you don't have a private disability policy?

Leave a comment:

• Are Michigan Factory employers suppose to carry short term disability?

Hello Readers
    I have worked for a plastic injection molding company in Michigan, for about 3 years. Each year in December our shop closes down for a few weeks, but this year it was extended due too the lack of work. While our company was on a temporary lay off - i got very sick and landed in the hospital with blood clots in my lungs and legs. I notified my employer and shortly after i was notified that the company was back too work, so i went there and spoke too someone at the plant and was told there still was no work <but they stopped my unemployment> and put me on a no pay medical leave they said they did, too save my position at that company.
    I was under the impression that companies like this carry short term disability, but yet they havent offered me anything. What can or should i be doing at this point? I like everyone else, has a family too support, and now i'm sick and my doctor states i'm not physically able to return too work, i'm on oxygen and cant stand long or walk long even with the oxygen.
    In my particular case, what can or should i be doing. Please advise.
    Thank you in advance for your time.
    Anita Michigan
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X