Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

North Carolina Job Pays No $$ while on FMLA. Are there any other options?

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • North Carolina Job Pays No $$ while on FMLA. Are there any other options?

    My wife is pregnant and I'm about to take my 12 weeks of FMLA from my job that I've been at for 19 months. They have 12 weeks of unpaid leave and I do not have short term disability. Are there any options that I have so I can have a source of income for those 12 weeks. Any numbers or websites where I may get some assistance? Thanks for all feedback.

  • #2
    Sorry but FMLA is unpaid leave and even most disability plans will only cover the mother giving birth, not the father or other family member who is healthy but takes off with be with her.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


    • #3
      You asked if there were any other options. I don't say this to be a smart @$$. Here is another: don't take 12 weeks off.


      What about intermittent leave?


      • #4
        Just a note - parents can take leave on an intermittent schedule for the arrival of a new child only if the employer agrees.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

        Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.