X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR/DisMgr
    replied
    Intermittent bonding leave

Also, don't forget that you don't have to allow intermittent bonding leave. Some companies do but we don't due to the nature of our business (retail). It becomes a scheduling nightmare. We had one manager say that he wanted intermittent bonding during the holidays because he did not want to work any OT!

Just the fact that you are being generous enough to allow him time off is very kind. Since you aren't a FMLA/CFRA eligible employer, you could just tell him no.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    You can let him or require him to take vacation or other PTO (if he has it) for those 7 days.

Remember, this is not job protected leave & can't qualify for protected fed. FMLA or the Ca. equivalent since there are not enough employees.
    Last edited by Betty3; 02-04-2008, 04:18 PM. Reason: add info

Leave a comment:

• Endeavor
    replied
    Because PFL does not need to be taken continuously, I would assume that if your employee were to take one day a week under PFL, he would continue on payroll and not be paid for the days he takes PFL. He should know that if he takes one day per week under PFL, it will take 7 weeks before he can collect benefits (because there is a 7 day unpaid waiting period).

Leave a comment:

• pmx
    replied
    Originally posted by Endeavor View Post
    Both parents can collect PFL (assuming they otherwise qualify). PFL is merely wage replacement benefits and has nothing to do with actual leave entitlement. It does not protect one's job or entitle him to leave.
    Thank you for your reply! I have one more question related to PFL. If the father wants to take one day a week under PFL, does that mean that he remains as active employee on a payroll but should not get paid for those days that he takes off?

Leave a comment:

• Endeavor
    replied
    Both parents can collect PFL (assuming they otherwise qualify). PFL is merely wage replacement benefits and has nothing to do with actual leave entitlement. It does not protect one's job or entitle him to leave.

Leave a comment:

• Both spouses applied for PFL - is it allowed? - California

We are a small company in California with less than 50 employees. We have husband a wife as full time employees and the wife just had a baby. She is on maternity leave under SDI/PFL and her husband just submitted a letter saying that he is taking family leave of 6 weeks which state disability gives him. We don't have an HR manager and I am trying to find out more information if he is legally allowed to do so. My understanding is that only one parent can take PFL to care for the newborn. Is that right?

Please help me understand what is legally allowed. Thank you!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X