This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMLA California

I went out on disability in dec. i filed the paperwork and the claim was denied due to a form that the dr needed to fill out. the ins rep said have him fill it out and then resubmit

however i just got a letterfrom my company stating if my claim is denied i will have48 hours to report to work or i will be terminated.

i know with the fmla the rules are 12 months 1250 hours 75 mile radius. i aslo read someplace that california doesn't have the 75 employee radius they can be allover the united states .

i just can't sem to find that in writiing. can someone please help me out?is this tru and where would i fnd this information.

if my disability is denied would i not be still eligiable for fmla?

No, there is still the 75 mile requirement. See here for details http://www.dol.gov/esa/programs/whd/state/fmla/ca.htm

Do you still qualify for FMLA?
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

No.We have 400 employees in S..C.and we are a affiliate office and there is only two of us.

but i received a call from my company today and they told me they will give a 12 week leave of absence w/pay (if after disability does a review and still doesn't approve claim. and i get full benefits as well during this time. however they can not hold my job for 3months.

Comment

That's actually very generous of them, considering they aren't required by law to do so.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X