Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Can my employer change my pay? Florida

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can my employer change my pay? Florida

    Can my employer change my pay from hourly to waht he is calling piece work?
    Paying us by the job.
    Against our will.
    Also can he forse employees to work salaried?

  • #2
    I believe the answer is yes to all your questions - however, you do need to be paid at least min. wage. I am assuming from your post you are a non-exempt employee - is that correct? Thanks.

    Please hold for another poster to come along & verify the info I gave you - maybe a payroll person.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3
      You didn't mention a disability, although you posted in the disability forum, but let's move on.

      If your pay method is changing from hourly to piecework, you are nonexempt. The employer can set whatever pay method he chooses (if you don't like it, you can find another job) as long as the total piecework pay divided by the number of hours you work is at least the state minimum wage and you get overtime pay (at half-time the "regular rate of pay" as described in the calculation above) when you work over 40 hours in a workweek.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.