Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the penalty for not returning to wrk after receiving STD in MAssachusetts Mas

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the penalty for not returning to wrk after receiving STD in MAssachusetts Mas

For pregnancy. I am trying to see if I can not return to work after receiving STD for pregnancy... I am just not ready to go back to work...

Originally posted by Claudzila View Post
    For pregnancy. I am trying to see if I can not return to work after receiving STD for pregnancy... I am just not ready to go back to work...
    STD isn't leave, it is income replacement. If you don't return to work after FMLA, then you employer can require you to reimburse the health insurance premiums paid on your behalf. You will not be eligible for unemployment.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

What about the paycheck that I was also receiving? Can they ask for that back too?

If its a large company, do you think that they will ask for both back?

Comment

What about the paycheck that I was also receiving? Can they ask for that back too?

If its a large company, do you think that they will ask for both back?
        Your employer didn't provide the paycheck, so they can't ask for it back (they never gave it to you).

I don't know what you're referring to when you say both.

Comment

Sorry, I meant can they ask for re-inbustment for paycheck and the prem for the insurance...

Comment

Sorry, I meant can they ask for re-inbustment for paycheck and the prem for the insurance...
            Yes, for the FULL cost of the insurance, no to the paycheck.

Comment

Thanks! But they DO not have to ask for this back , they just can, correct

Comment

Thanks! But they DO not have to ask for this back , they just can, correct
                No, they are not required by any law to do so, but they must treat you the same way that they treat other people who have no intentions of coming back to work, but don't quit so that they can continue the health benefits.

Comment

How many weeks have you been off work so far?
                  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X