• Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    Oops, you're right - thanks.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    FMLA is a Federal law - the regulatory agency would be the US DOL, not the state version.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    They can't retaliate against you JUST for taking FMLA. If you believe they are, put in a complaint with your state's DOL.

Leave a comment:

• rebecky139
    started a topic FMLA Leave Question South Dakota

FMLA Leave Question South Dakota

I work in South Dakota and use intermitten FMLA. My manager has made several comments to me and others that FMLA is a joke. Earlier this year I was in the hospital for a Gull bladder removal emergency type situation. The manager of my department and the head of HR called me in the hospital before I ever had surgery to ask me what day I would return to work. I came back on Sat 2 days after surgery for my scheduled shift.

I had called into the department and spoke with one of the supervisors prior to getting admitted on the way to the hospital and was told I should really be there due to them hiring another supervisor soon so I should not be missing work. It is constantly that I am hearing comments like these.

It always gets brought up that I have attendance issues even though they are FMLA, that I will not get hired for the next supervisor job due to the time I have missed. I am constantly being reminded and recently they have changed my current work conditions to make the job harder for me and I know that it is due to my use of FMLA.

Does this sound like harassment what do you all suggest that I can do to help with the situation. Thanks
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X