This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMLA Leave Question South Dakota

I work in South Dakota and use intermitten FMLA. My manager has made several comments to me and others that FMLA is a joke. Earlier this year I was in the hospital for a Gull bladder removal emergency type situation. The manager of my department and the head of HR called me in the hospital before I ever had surgery to ask me what day I would return to work. I came back on Sat 2 days after surgery for my scheduled shift.

I had called into the department and spoke with one of the supervisors prior to getting admitted on the way to the hospital and was told I should really be there due to them hiring another supervisor soon so I should not be missing work. It is constantly that I am hearing comments like these.

It always gets brought up that I have attendance issues even though they are FMLA, that I will not get hired for the next supervisor job due to the time I have missed. I am constantly being reminded and recently they have changed my current work conditions to make the job harder for me and I know that it is due to my use of FMLA.

Does this sound like harassment what do you all suggest that I can do to help with the situation. Thanks

They can't retaliate against you JUST for taking FMLA. If you believe they are, put in a complaint with your state's DOL.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

FMLA is a Federal law - the regulatory agency would be the US DOL, not the state version.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Oops, you're right - thanks.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X