Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Md Employee on Disability

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Md Employee on Disability

    Hi- Just discovered this website and think it is full of helpful information. My question is: Is there a limit on the amount of hours a MD employee can work while on disability? Or should they be working at all?

  • #2
    If you are asking whether there is a law in MD (or any other state) that says, "An employee on disability may not work more than x hours) no, there is not.

    It's up to the employer, the employee, and the disability policy.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Nope, there is no legal limit. The disability plan may have a limit on the number of hours an employee may work and still collect partial STD/LTD, but this is not set by law.

      Whether they can and should be working at all is really the doctor's call along with the employer in the case that there may be light duty available that would enable the employee to return.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


      • #4
        What kind of disability are you on? Social Security Disability allows recipients to earn up to an established monthly dollar limit.
        Last edited by mitousmom; 05-24-2006, 10:18 AM.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.