This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somebody please help me!!!! Arizona

okay, now about a month ago i had gotten caught by the cops for my 2nd minor in consumption charge in arizona.
    we were in a car and i had gotten out to go into my friends house for a minute alone and there were no cops to be found when i got out of the car. when i had came out of the house the cops were parked behind the car questioning the other two people that were there. i had told the cops i was driving but i really wasn't and they said they were going to charge me with a DUI. but they have no proof i was driving because they didn't pull the car over. when they got there the car was already parked and i was in the house. they just investigated the car because it was poorly parked with the engine running and the lights on.
    I am 17 years old and the courts are waiting until a few days after i turn 18 to take me to court. and i really don't want another MIC but i can deal with it. the thing i need help with is how to get out of the DUI. it'll suspend my license for about 2 years and i need to be able to drive to get to and from work.
    PLEASE HELP!

if anyone reads this. please, i need help. i have two months to figure this out.

Comment

Why did you say you were driving if you weren't?

You might want to talk to a traffic law attorney to see what they might be able
      to do for you.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
        Why did you say you were driving if you weren't?
        That's what I'm curious about.

And based on my limited knowledge of traffic law, you can be charged with a DUI so long as the vehicle is running - even if it is not being driven. That combined with you telling the cops "yes, I was driving" seems like it would be enough to charge you with a DUI. But as Betty said, you should contact an attorney.

Comment

Who was driving and will they admit to it in court?

Comment

You posted after midnight, east coast time, and four hours later are complaining that you have no responses? Does that perhaps indicate that maybe you don't have a history of good judgment? That maybe you should stop doing things like saying you were driving when you weren't?

Kid, the cops don't need "proof". You said you were driving. That's all they need.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If you are in possesion of keys yo can be charged with DUI granted its harder to prove but it happens more often than you think
              http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

This doesn't look good - as previously you might want to talk to an attorney (traffic
                law).
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Poster, if you don't already have an attorney for your DUI, get one now. They have the expertise needed to handle your situation.

Next: stop drinking! You're underage and you have 2 DUI's already. You're not thinking straight if you think the only problem you'll have is a suspended license. If you have career aspirations, your DUIs can stand in the way of achieving them. Your drinking can cause problems in your family and other relationships. And, drinking can endanger yours and others' safety.
                  Last edited by lolcat; 05-18-2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I agree as a recovering alcoholic of nearly 25 years I know and have seen what this can do to a person and thones he close to
                    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

i dont have any DUI's whoever sed i got 2 of em. i have one MIC.
                      and i didnt have the keys. i wuznt even in the car wen the cops showed up. the actual driver wuz in the driver seat.
                      the reason i took the blame is because he cud go to prison for 5 years 'cause he's 21 and unlicensed with a record. i highly doubt he would confess to it in court.
                      and the cops that had busted us didn't believe i was the one driving if that helps any.
                      i do plan on getting an attorney if i can afford one or at least settle for one that they will provide.
                      and to the person that said stop drinking, i actually have. i know i'm underage so i cant really say i quit drinking but as easy as it is for me to get alcohol i might as well be able to go to a bar. and i haven't had a sip of alcohol since that night

Comment

We cant help you. The driver wont help you, and this will be your second strike. Get some real friends, and a lawyer.

Comment

Sk8trboy, well done for quitting drinking. Now, get yourself a lawyer and tell the lawyer exactly what happened. It is very likely you will take the fall for this other person based on your previous posts. Your "friend" who was over 21 and could go to jail if you don't cover for him is not a friend. True friends don't put other friends in the kind of situation this person put you in. And covering for him is not helping him or you one bit.

You don't say if you're still in school or not, but if so, get involved in sports or an activity that you are interested in (not drinking!). If not, there are plenty of weekend sports teams --soccer, adult flag football, etc-- and you can get involved with them and find better friends. Also, if you're not currently working, get out there and find a job!

Comment

The bottom line is you need to talk to an attorney to see what they can do for you
                            in regard to your MIC charge. We can't help you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                              The bottom line is you need to talk to an attorney to see what they can do for you
                              in regard to your MIC charge. We can't help you there.
                              And stop being foolish! You admitted to driving the car...what more proof do the police need? Get your head on straight now...or plan on living in tent city with Sheriff Joe!
                              Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X