This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUI in california please give input california

i was arrested for dui after driving straight into a parked car. i was in my grandfathers company vehicle while working for him. i stoped at a friends house and drank then drove home in the van and blacked out and hit a parked car head on. my grandpa didnt charge with with any theft of his vehicle beacuse after the job site was completed i went straight to my friends. i totaled the car i hit and slightly damaged my grandfathers van. his insurance ended up covering the car i hit and his van ended up getting fixed(by me and him). when the chp officer arrived i was at the screne of the accident without my vehicle. i left after i hit it because i knew if i didnt leave quick i wouldnt beable to get my van to my house and i didnt wanna have to pay for the towing fee, because there was all kinds of fluids leaking. after i droped off my van (in criticle condition) i ran back to the scene (which was 4 blocks away)and waiting for the cops to get there. im only 19 and i blew a .08 my court date is in a week and i wanna know what im lookin at?..am i gonna have more jail time? and how much in fee's will i have, also community service.

i've received a letter the other day stating im being charged with 3 misdemeanor complaints for driving under the influence(a), driving while having a .08(b), and persons under 21(a).

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by harderworker232 View Post
    i was arrested for dui after driving straight into a parked car. i was in my grandfathers company vehicle while working for him. i stoped at a friends house and drank then drove home in the van and blacked out and hit a parked car head on. my grandpa didnt charge with with any theft of his vehicle beacuse after the job site was completed i went straight to my friends. i totaled the car i hit and slightly damaged my grandfathers van. his insurance ended up covering the car i hit and his van ended up getting fixed(by me and him). when the chp officer arrived i was at the screne of the accident without my vehicle. i left after i hit it because i knew if i didnt leave quick i wouldnt beable to get my van to my house and i didnt wanna have to pay for the towing fee, because there was all kinds of fluids leaking. after i droped off my van (in criticle condition) i ran back to the scene (which was 4 blocks away)and waiting for the cops to get there. im only 19 and i blew a .08 my court date is in a week and i wanna know what im lookin at?..am i gonna have more jail time? and how much in fee's will i have, also community service.

i've received a letter the other day stating im being charged with 3 misdemeanor complaints for driving under the influence(a), driving while having a .08(b), and persons under 21(a).
    Well… Would you like the ‘good news’ first?
    Or, would you like the ‘bad news’ first… ok.. the good news……..THERE IS NO GOOD NEWS!!!
    There is no way to predict What the judge may throw at you .. I can tell you MY story.. Very similar to yours, First offence?? Cost wise this will run you anywhere from $2,000 to 15,000 bucks. Yes that’s right 15,000 dollars! Attorney fees: $1000 and up.. Which by the way I would carefully consider not getting or getting one. Why pay someone who’s going say ‘ take the best deal you can’ or little more than nothing at all.. You are a done deal anyway. Fines.. $1000 and up..Did you spend time in the drunk tank?, counts as time severed.. Maybe an additional weekend or two but that depends on how crowded the jails are at the time you are to report. I was sentenced to an additional weekend but that turned out to 4 hours on a Saturday. I along with about 60 or 70 other guys all got a day and a half ‘kick’ because they needed the space for the real ‘criminals’ ( they didn’t want to feed us ) By the way, don’t expect Paris Hilton accommodations.. Wherever you wind up, the first thing you want to look for is a roll of toilet paper, the more on it the better.. that’s going to be your pillow.. And if some guy named Lenny whose hands are dragging on the floor tells you to ‘give it up I gotta to go'.. I strongly suggest you do! You don’t know how cold and how hard concrete really is until you have your head slammed into it for little more reason than for the want of a pillow…I’ve seen it done..
    You will probably be ordered to attend some kind of ‘traffic school’: $650 and up.. Doesn’t really matter what you pay, the goal is to get the certificate so you can get your license back.. Oh, did I mention that you WILL lose your license for at least 90 days?… could be up to a year or more… and after you get your certificate from ‘school’ you get to pay a reinstatement fee to get this thing called a SR-22, that may run you a couple of hundred dollars give or take a hundred to get your license back..
    Insurance.. What did you pay BEFORE.. assuming you had any.. Well to be safe, triple it. You are now fair game for the ONLY game in town who will insure you.. But there is hope, this will only go against you for the next 10 YEARS, insurance wise.. Use to be 7 years.. And you weren’t charged for fleeing the scene of an accident ( other wise known as HIT AND RUN !!) **** are you lucky… DO I SOUND A LITTLE HOSTILE?… MY SON was killed by a drunk driver 11 years ago!!!!……
    Keep in mind that these are just ruff estimates. The laws and penalties have changed. since 1995. You have NO !!#^%&#** &(&!##~!! idea what the true cost will be until you have been there! ….Der Doktor ist heraus!

Pulling an idea like that out of your *ss had to cause permanent damage. Can you make it to a doctor on your own or do you need help?
    drruthless
    Last edited by drruthless; 12-31-2007, 12:28 AM.

Comment

hmm

i spent like 18 hrs in jail, then released, no they didnt charge me with hit and run. im sure they could of but i guess they didnt sense i came right back to the scene. i hope i dont have to spend more jail time

Comment

My 1st offense I spent 90 minutes in jail and a $1700 fine. 16 weeks in alcohol school. Probabtion for 3 years w/ zero tolerance.

The worst part is, you left the scene of an accident which is also illegal. Had you not had the accident, w/ a .08 you may have been able to fight the DUI down to a "wet wreckless"

I know this is a late post and I hope all worked out well.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

I know this is a late post and I hope all worked out well

It is,
          but I think in this case it doesn’t hurt if it saves a life….
          Thank you for sharing
          ..______________________
          ~ If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you,
          that would suffice.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X