This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave you legally correct answers.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

While legally correct, you all gave very misleading answers.

She can go out and have sex with her boyfriend all day, regardless of what her parents say.

UNLESS THEY GET A RESTRAINING ORDER

If they do that, then yes, seeing/talking to/whatever the restraining order states would be illegal.

Until then, have at! There is no law that says LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS. Give me a break. All these people trying to be your father here is pretty hilarious though.

Comment

And of course, you have the link to a law giving her permission to do whatever she wants regardless of what her parents say unless they get a restraining order?
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
          And of course, you have the link to a law giving her permission to do whatever she wants regardless of what her parents say unless they get a restraining order?
          Your parents tell you to do one thing, and you do the exact opposite.

You must be incredibly old and have no kids to have completely forgotten how parenting works.
          Last edited by eclipsed830; 02-26-2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsed830 View Post
            While legally correct, you all gave very misleading answers.

She can go out and have sex with her boyfriend all day, regardless of what her parents say.

UNLESS THEY GET A RESTRAINING ORDER

If they do that, then yes, seeing/talking to/whatever the restraining order states would be illegal.

Until then, have at! There is no law that says LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS. Give me a break. All these people trying to be your father here is pretty hilarious though.
            How sure are you of that "fact"? Be very, very sure because I am VERY, VERY sure that there IS such a law in the ORC.

2151.022 Unruly child defined.

As used in this chapter, “unruly child” includes any of the following:
            (A) Any child who does not submit to the reasonable control of the child’s parents, teachers, guardian, or custodian, by reason of being wayward or habitually disobedient;
            (B) Any child who is an habitual truant from school and who previously has not been adjudicated an unruly child for being an habitual truant;
            (C) Any child who behaves in a manner as to injure or endanger the child’s own health or morals or the health or morals of others;
            (D) Any child who violates a law, other than division (C) of section 2907.39, division (A) of section 2923.211, division (C)(1) or (D) of section 2925.55, or section 2151.87 of the Revised Code, that is applicable only to a child.
            Effective Date: 01-01-2002; 05-17-2006; 08-17-2006
            Do you really want to keep going down this path?

You are WRONG.
            Oh, here's the definition of a child, too...just in case you are going to come back with some other asinine argument.

(5) “Child” means a person who is under eighteen years of age, except that the juvenile court has jurisdiction over any person who is adjudicated an unruly child prior to attaining eighteen years of age until the person attains twenty-one years of age, and, for purposes of that jurisdiction related to that adjudication, a person who is so adjudicated an unruly child shall be deemed a “child” until the person attains twenty-one years of age.
            Still want to keep stomping your feet and rolling your eyes at the clueless, childless adults?
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post

You are WRONG.
              Oh, here's the definition of a child, too...just in case you are going to come back with some other asinine argument.Still want to keep stomping your feet and rolling your eyes at the clueless, childless adults?

I'll do it all day, thanks.

But comparing this girl to child you would see on Springer at 2am isn't asinine at all. Truant from school. Not submit to the reasonable control of the child’s parents, teachers, guardian. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Poor girl wants to go out on a date with her 'boyfriend', asks about age of consent, and gets called a brat.

Is there a law about demeaning minors on a public forum?

Comment

I'll do it all day, thanks.
                Well, you could try, I suppose, except that you need to go find a clueless, childless adult first.
                But comparing this girl to child you would see on Springer at 2am isn't asinine at all. Truant from school. Not submit to the reasonable control of the child’s parents, teachers, guardian. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Poor girl wants to go out on a date with her 'boyfriend', asks about age of consent, and gets called a brat.

Is there a law about demeaning minors on a public forum?
                You stated there was no law that said a child must obey his or her parents. I proved there IS such a law. STOP giving blatantly false information out. You are just going to cause more problems.

Mom and Dad don't like her boyfriend. They say 'no'. The LAW backs them up (whether you like it or not), not the child that wants to have sex with her boyfriend.

i am 16 and my boyfriend is 18. i live in ohio. my parents hate my boyfrind. if we have sex can they throw him in jail?
                Please point out where anyone compared her to a Springer 'guest'.

The fact is that she is just another 16 year old kid in loooooove and doesn't think it's fair that she can't do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, with whomever she wants. Nothing more, nothing less. She's showing that she's not exactly the most intelligent creature by asking if pregnancy would give her a better shot at emancipation. If that is your definintion of comparing someone to a Springer 'guest' then you've been watching an entirely different show than the show that the rest of the country has watched.

Nobody demeaned this little girl. They told her the truth and then she decided to act like a twit. I thought the responses were pretty restrained, but then I'm an adult, not prone to teenage dramatics like yourself.
                Last edited by mommyof4; 02-27-2009, 05:08 AM.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                (unique up on him)
                How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                (same way)

Comment

And, with apologies to the moderator of this forum, I think we've traveled quite far enough along this path, especially considering that the child we've been discussing is not even the OP.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X