non-compete law North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-compete law North Carolina

Recently a ruling regarding non-compete clauses was defeated in the courts in NC. Anyone have an idea what it was, where I could find it on the internet? Thank you!

Why don't you contact a North Carolina lawyer & ask your questions.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

helping

fair question...when you have been out of work from your trade for one year because of a lay off and a non-compete clause I was just looking for some help on finding it on my own. Thanks for reading my thread. With the cost of gas and thousands of dollars in lost wages...just wanted to see if anyone could help me locate this information. I've googled alot and can't find what I'm looking for. Thanks

Comment

wish that was true

Been there.....it depends how the non-compete was written. NC is a blue pencil state. A judge is the only one who can cross out what might be to restrictive. My non-compete states with or without cause. Knowing that, it will cost me $5-7,000 in attorney fees to get it in front of a judge. Judge might rule in their favor. I lost a substantial job because of it. I haven't seen any ruling on a true lay-off. Mine was for financial reasons. Doesn't seem fair huh?

Comment

non-compete

JoeC: Just wanted to say thank you for your input. I did go to a new attorney and he found a small clause in the non-compete employment agreement that my former employer needed to address in writing to me. He did not by the due date which therefore he gave up his right to keep me under the agreement. This is great news for me!

Thanks!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X