This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer charged to replace good part New York New York

Hello all! My wife took her van to a Honda dealer, in Scotia NY, for them to fix a rattle in the side slider door. They called me saying a certain part needed to be replaced. It would cost cost $365. When my wife picked up the van the rattle had not changed at all!

What can I do? Have payment withheld or reversed by credit card company? Have dealer reverse the charge? I'm so po'd I could just spit! To me this is typical dealer BS.

Thanks!

Bob

Did you or your wife tell the dealer the rattle is still there? If so, what did they say?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
      Did you or your wife tell the dealer the rattle is still there? If so, what did they say?
      I called the service manager and left a message to call me. So far, no call. I did have a text chat on Visa's website. Seems we have to wait for the payment to be processed then put in a dispute. Seems to me that's too late for them to be able to reverse charges. Then Visa will chat with the dealer and go back and forth with us.

So, any idea where I stand here?

Thanx!

Comment

If you don't get a call back, you could try recalling or go to the dealership in person.

It seems getting any money "reversed" by Visa you will have to follow their procedure.

Someone else may come along with a suggestion.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

If you don't get it resolved within a week or two, talk with the Better Business Bureau.
          ETA- also, find the equivalent of "Get Gephardt" in your area and talk with them. "Get Gephardt" is a reporter in Salt Lake City that chases down stuff like that.
          Last edited by cactus jack; 10-16-2014, 04:07 AM.
          I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
          Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
          I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
          Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Originally posted by ADK Bob View Post
            I called the service manager and left a message to call me. So far, no call. I did have a text chat on Visa's website. Seems we have to wait for the payment to be processed then put in a dispute. Seems to me that's too late for them to be able to reverse charges. Then Visa will chat with the dealer and go back and forth with us.

So, any idea where I stand here?

Thanx!
            That is standard policy for credit cards. You can't dispute an item that has not been charged yet. The dispute is a formal process and all steps must be followed. Visa may conditionally remove the charges while the dispute is being mediated but could put them back on your account if it finds in favor of the dealership.

Comment

If it was still there when the van was picked up, why was it not addressed then? I would call again or go see the dealer again and ask to speak to a manager. Stay calm and ask what they are willing to do to remedy the situation. Throwing around accusations, claiming fraud and making demands are not likely to get you very far.
              I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I agree with Elle - call again or go to the dealership as I suggested previously & see what they say/are willing to do.
                (before you do anything else)

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                  I agree with Elle - call again or go to the dealership as I suggested previously & see what they say/are willing to do.
                  (before you do anything else)
                  I spoke with the service manager, finally. He sounded honestly concerned, even when I pressed him. So, we're going in Monday morning. We'll go for a ride with them to try to Id the problem. I am sort of hopeful but, know how dealers work.

However, I had a wonderful experience with a huge molding company this summer. Our local Home Depot stocked crown molding in one bin containing 2 different spring angles. For those ignorant of crown molding , 2 different spring angle moldings will not butt together. I never thought these different moldings would be stocked together, and have the same stock #! I would up doing half our room with one and half with the other. How it came out that way I have no idea. When I realized what happened I ripped down one style and went to store to get more. Store didn't have anymore of the one I left up. Irish luck! Getting nowhere with the store, out of frustration I emailed the vendor. I never even expected to hear from them. They would up sending me more than enough molding, for free!, to do the entire room. 24 eight foot pieces! AND they sent me a check to have it installed!!! Unbelievable orrrrrr what???

Sooooo, maybe I'll have another good outcome.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you all for your input,

Bob

PS- That molding company's name is House of Farrah!

Comment

Yes, please let us know how it goes with the dealership. Good luck.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X