This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deceptive practice by private party California California

I purchased a 1999 chevy blazer for $3,000 cash from a private party. Her add for the vehicle stated the car had 151,000 miles when a new engine was installed. she also listed the vehicle as good condition as to kelly blue book. uppon sale she had a postit note she asked for me to sign saying i would pay for the smog. I figured it was for the smog requirements when i was to regester it next year because she gave me a smog certificate dated 6/21/2010 and regestration is current til 03/2011. I called her 26hrs after purchace because mechanic stated there is no way this vehicle would pass smog or be the vehicle that the smog readings recorded in her certificate. sure enough the car failed smog, and not only did I pay $800 over the blue book value, i also paid to smog and now am stuck with a vehicle I never would have looked at if her add didnt say new motor. this is in california, and would like to hear any feedback to help with a small claims suit for deceptive practice and anything else to help. also her son is a chp officer so him also being on the title doesnt sit well with me

Duplicate thread - see under registration/title forum.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X