AT&T Internet Charges Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T Internet Charges Texas

Hi two months ago I called AT&T and set up an account which I intended on using to replace my current internet provider (time warner). At the time I was having issues with time warner stemming from me switching my cable provider to Direct TV. I was under the impression I would be contacted by an employee for installation and thats when I would sign the contract agreement. Shortly after I set up this account I had to return to my parents house in Ohio because of a family death. After returning to Texas my hatred of Time Warner was gone and i never switched services. I recently got a bill from AT&T in the mail for the second months charge of internet service and the setup fee. While i was gone a employee from AT&T came and dropped of a router on our step and one of my room mates brought it in and naturally never told me about it. I was unaware I was being charged for their service. I never signed anything agree to their terms and did not accept the router (it was left on my porch).

Am I entitled to pay them without signing an agreement?

Originally posted by tyforchips View Post
    Hi two months ago I called AT&T and set up an account which I intended on using to replace my current internet provider (time warner). At the time I was having issues with time warner stemming from me switching my cable provider to Direct TV. I was under the impression I would be contacted by an employee for installation and thats when I would sign the contract agreement. Shortly after I set up this account I had to return to my parents house in Ohio because of a family death. After returning to Texas my hatred of Time Warner was gone and i never switched services. I recently got a bill from AT&T in the mail for the second months charge of internet service and the setup fee. While i was gone a employee from AT&T came and dropped of a router on our step and one of my room mates brought it in and naturally never told me about it. I was unaware I was being charged for their service. I never signed anything agree to their terms and did not accept the router (it was left on my porch).

Am I entitled to pay them without signing an agreement?
    You certainly are
    To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.

~Can you name this sophist???

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by Wirelessany1 View Post
      You certainly are
      Socrates said it....
      .._________________
      ~Free advice is like a public defender,
      you get what you pay for

Who said that?

Comment

Agree, since you didn't call & cancel the acct. you set up with AT & T.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

yeah I guess it's my fault for assuming they would have to install the product before charging me the monthly rate. anyway, I paid the soul-less *******s. They didn't even say Merry Christmas...

Comment

Merry Christmas to you.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
              Merry Christmas to you.
              ditto
              To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.

~Can you name this sophist???

Comment

Originally posted by Wirelessany1 View Post
                ditto
                Copy Cat.

Comment

tyforchips, I've moved your last post to the Suggestions forum where perhaps those who make that kind of decision will more likely see it.

Hope you don't mind.
                  The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                    tyforchips, I've moved your last post to the Suggestions forum where perhaps those who make that kind of decision will more likely see it.

Hope you don't mind.
                    no thank you

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X