Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Do you need a business license to get a resale certificate?

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • angiewith3
    No i was asking if i needed a business license. I know for sure that I need the seller's permit. I didn't contact the my borough office though to see if they had more info. Thank you

    Leave a comment:

  • dkstaub
    I believe you are really asking if you need a sales tax license, rather than a business license.

    If you are, indeed, asking if you need a Pennsylvania sales tax license, the answer is yes if you are selling at retail in the state of Pennsylvania. You exemption from sales tax on the purchase of the candles is based on the fact that you will resell the candles and collect and remit sales tax to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania upon your sale to the consumer.

    If you are asking if you need a business license, that is something that depends on the laws of the particular locality you are doing business in. Except for certain regulated businesses, Pennsylvania does not license business at the state level. Check with your local city or county.

    Leave a comment:

  • Do you need a business license to get a resale certificate?

    I also need a resale certificate or seller's permit. I looked at the PA 100 and it looks like i would have to have a business license in order to get a seller's permit. I am an Independent Consultant for Diamond Creek candles and if I want to buy their candles wholesale in order to sell at local events and fairs I need a seller's permit. So do you know if I need a business license first in order to obtain a Seller's permit?
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.