Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

What do we do if a company in bankruptcy owes us money? Iowa

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do we do if a company in bankruptcy owes us money? Iowa

    If you are listed as a creditor in an asset case you will receive a claim form and a notice setting a date to file. Proof of Claim forms are available on the Internet site, at the Clerk´s Office, or by mail request. The original claim and any supporting documents are filed with the Clerk´s Office. If you wish to have a conformed copy returned to you, please enclose an extra copy and a self-addressed stamped envelope. In no asset cases, there is no requirement to file a proof of claim form. If the trustee determines there are assets available for distribution, you will be notified and provided with a claim form.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.