Balance Owed: $490
    Balance Date: 09/2003
    Date of Last Activity: 09/2002
    Date Reported: 09/2003
    Status Date: 09/2003
    Comments: N/A

Can I dispute that?
    If so, do I have to provide the with additional information or just
    that this should be included before in the bk?

Thanks!

Dispute Question - Collection Agency in Credit Report

P. wrote:
    I'm in a chapter 13 (starting 1/1/2003). There was one bill (about $500 from a phone company) that was later included in the bk (February or March). But still they gave it then to a collection agency - they sent one letter in June (which I gave to the attorney who said he too care about it) but now I see it in my Equifax report that they reported it in 9/2003. The record: COLLECTION SERVICES Date Assigned: 06/2003 Account Number: Client Name: Original Amount Owed: $490 Balance Owed: $490 Balance Date: 09/2003 Date of Last Activity: 09/2002 Date Reported: 09/2003 Status Date: 09/2003 Status: D-Unpaid Comments: N/A Can I dispute that? If so, do I have to provide the with additional information or just that this should be included before in the bk? Thanks!
    Sounds like a violation of the automatic stay to me.

Comment

Yes, you can include it. It should be listed "included in bankruptcy".

Their collection efforts also are a violation of the automatic stay.

--
      Brett

* Personal Injury/Malpractice Bankruptcy *
      * BRETT WEISS, P.C. *
      * Attorneys at Law *
      * Maryland, D.C. and Federal Bars *
      * [email protected] *
      * http://www.erols.com/lawyer *
      * Small Business Estates & Estate Planning *

The Small Print: This response is for discussion purposes only. It isn't
      meant to be legal advice and you shouldn't treat it as such. If you want
      legal advice, speak with a local lawyer familiar with your state's laws who
      can review *all* of the facts and the law applicable to your situation.

"P." <[email protected]> wrote in message
      news:[email protected]ing.google.co m...
      I'm in a chapter 13 (starting 1/1/2003). There was one bill (about $500 from a phone company) that was later included in the bk (February or March). But still they gave it then to a collection agency - they sent one letter in June (which I gave to the attorney who said he too care about it) but now I see it in my Equifax report that they reported it in 9/2003. The record: COLLECTION SERVICES Date Assigned: 06/2003 Account Number: Client Name: Original Amount Owed: $490 Balance Owed: $490 Balance Date: 09/2003 Date of Last Activity: 09/2002 Date Reported: 09/2003 Status Date: 09/2003 Status: D-Unpaid Comments: N/A Can I dispute that? If so, do I have to provide the with additional information or just that this should be included before in the bk? Thanks!

Comment

When I saw an error on my credit report, I was able to dispute it
        online at the credit reporting agencies website. I can't remember
        which one though.....
        Why don't you dispute it and call the phone company too? I know its a
        pain, it seems like all I do these days is call people at big
        companies to try to get mistakes fixed, but it seems like its the way
        life is...

[email protected] (P.) wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...

Comment

"cappucine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:[email protected] om...
          When I saw an error on my credit report, I was able to dispute it online at the credit reporting agencies website. I can't remember which one though..... Why don't you dispute it and call the phone company too? I know its a pain, it seems like all I do these days is call people at big companies to try to get mistakes fixed, but it seems like its the way life is...
          Been there, done that... OVER and OVER.

Lots of things not only need to be corrected, but need to be *repeatedly*
          corrected, because the tradeline originators seem intent on misreporting
          your tradelines after BK.

It's worth it, though. I'm over 18 months out of my BK7, and thanks to
          being diligent about correcting (and improving) my credit, I'm within a
          month or two of closing on a home mortgage, and my FICOs are 665 EQFX,
          674TU, and 679 EXPN. Not bad considering they were 515, 519, and 525 right
          after the BK in 2002...

-P

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X