• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    Wage Earner Plan
    A nickname for Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

This term is normally used in regard to bankruptcy.

http://www.bankruptcy-alternatives-i...arner-plan.htm

Leave a comment:

• kchmcbaz
    replied
    What is a wage earners plan and is this something that I would get from the court?

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Kentucky Wage Garnishment

"Controlled by KRS 425.506. After a 10-day waiting period from date of judgment, a creditor may, using a pre-approved state form, file for wage garnishment to be issued by the clerk of the court, and an order of garnishment is then mailed to the garnishee employer. The employer has 20 days within which to respond. If the garnishee employer fails to answer, it may be held liable to the creditor for failing to honor the garnishment.

KY wage garnishment is generally 25% of the disposable income. (exemption - cannot garnish: 75% of disposable income or 30 times the federal minimum hourly wage, whichever is greater)"
    Last edited by Betty3; 05-15-2009, 01:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jhlwstdnt
    replied
    You should probably consider filing a wage earners plan.

Leave a comment:

• kchmcbaz
    started a topic Court Garnishments - Kentucky Kentucky

Court Garnishments - Kentucky Kentucky

I have a court hearing coming up in a week regardin outstading medical bills that total about $10,000. I am assuming that the court will grant a garnishment of my wages to pay this debt. I have been trying to work with the attorney that represents the hospital for a while about working out a payment plan but they are wanting to much. I have spoke to them and told them that I could have $100 electronically debited out of my account on a monthly basis to pay down the account but they are wanting $800 per month. This is something that is impossible for me to afford.

If I can't come to an aggreement with the attorney what should I expect at the court hearing? Can I take copies of my bills, paychecks, etc. so the court can see my income vs my expenses or does the court automatically set a certain percentage of my salary. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X