This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOL for the state of AZ Arizona

Okay, so several months ago, a company, FCBS, contacted me about an old debt. I was irresponsible in my youth, and remember this debt. I thought I should do the right thing, and try to pay it back. So I started paying back, and then after giving them some money, did some research, and what we found out is a bunch of garbage about these zombie debt collectors. Now they have my phone number, new address, soc number, checking account number , and debit card.

I have since changed the debit cards, and we are in the process of changing our accounts. Our worry there, is that since they had authorization, they will try to take out what they can when ever they feel like it. I know they have ran my credit. I have no assets, except for my Jeep that is worth less than $5K.

is the SOL on this reset? I read this article my girlfriend found, and it was very helpful. Does the info in this article count for AZ?

http://paulexposes.com/lvnv-funding/...er-these-words

Thanks...
    Last edited by sthpaw; 03-16-2009, 11:01 AM.

I'm pretty sure that once you acknowledge a debt, i.e. paying on it - that you have reset the SOL. Good luck. But if you think you are being treated unfairly, or that you are ready to contest the debt it not yours, you may contact your credit bureaus with objections.

Comment

Agree, once you make a payment on the debt, you re-set (re-start) the SOL.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

So I find this on this website...

http://www.zeromillion.com/financial...llection-.html

False statements. Debt collectors may not use any false statements when collecting a debt. For example, debt collectors may not:

falsely imply that they are attorneys or government representatives;
        falsely imply that you have committed a crime;
        falsely represent that they operate or work for a credit bureau;
        misrepresent the amount of your debt;
        misrepresent the involvement of an attorney in collecting a debt;
        indicate that papers being sent to you are legal forms when they are not;
        indicate that papers being sent to you are not legal forms when they are."
        Do I have a case for mail fraud? Should a simple cease and desist letter be sufficient? And if so, Is there anyone that can help me write one? At least get me started with some key words and or phrases to use.
        Last edited by sthpaw; 03-16-2009, 08:14 AM. Reason: bold statement

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X