Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Can I appeal judgement? Washington

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can I appeal judgement? Washington

    I replied with an Answer to a Summons and Complaint served by a debt collector. Unfortunately I did not file my Answer with the local Superior Court. The debt collector subsequently and without my knowledge got a judgement against me. I received a Notice of Judgement and now they might grab my checking account, etc.

    Is there a way I can contest the judgement? I have a certified mail receipt showing that I sent them something within the time required. They obviously pretended that they did not receive it.

    What can I do at this point?


  • #2
    You might want to read this article re vacating/dismissing a judgment (when/how it can be done):
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.