This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bankruptcy chap 13 Ohio

I have a house worth 160,000. I had a fixed mortage for the 1st 2 years. I had planned to make my payments and refiance within two years. I lost my job 6 months into the 1st year and have went thru 3 jobs since then. I now am faced with a huge mortage payment. I have social security for my wifes two girls. They are 17 and 16 and there social security is going to run out soon. I have 3 paid for cars and one jeep I'm still paying on. I am wondering if I should go thru forclosure or file for chap 13 Bankruptcy?? Thanks for any input!!

Norman.

You might want to contact a bankruptcy attorney to see if bk is your best bet & if you would even qualify for bk based on income, assets/debts, etc.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Best collaborative lawyer

About Us

Ron Hendrix is the principal owner of the Law Office of Ronald L. Hendrix, P.C. He has a comprehensive family law practice where he focuses on divorce, separation, parenting plans, asset allocation, and inter-family relationships.

Mr. Hendrix’s overall goal is to help divorcing clients reach solutions in an amicable manner that meets the interests of the entire family.

He focuses on Collaborative law and Mediation. Collaborative Law is a new option for divorcing couples to resolve disputes respectfully without going to court. Mediation involves mutual decision-making with the help of a professional mediator.

As an attorney who is committed to respectful, non-adversarial decision making, Mr. Hendrix listens carefully to his clients’ concerns and goals and assists them in reaching a positive resolution without the financial and emotional cost of litigation.

“I listen carefully to my clients’ interests and needs while providing insightful input to help my clients meet their goals with dignity. I give guidance that alleviates anxieties and instills a calming effect while clients gain a better understanding of the “unknown.”

Mr. Hendrix is a graduate of the Chicago-Kent College of Law. He also holds a Masters Degree in Guidance and Counseling from Central Michigan University, where his training emphasized marriage and family counseling. He has been assisting individuals to resolve conflicts for more than 25 years. Ron is active in the alternative dispute resolution community and is a member of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, and the American Bar Association alternative dispute resolution section.

Mr. Hendrix lives in the Naperville, Illinois community with his wife and their three children. He has been involved in numerous community organizations, including serving as a uniformed leader in a local Scout troop for approximately ten years.

Education:

* Juris Doctor, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
      * Master of Arts, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
      * Bachelor of Arts, Albion College, Albion, Michigan
      * Family and Divorce Mediation, Center for Dispute Resolution, DePaul University
      * Multi-Disciplinary Collaborative Family Law, The Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
      * Advanced Negotiations in Collaborative Practice and Mediation: Interest Based Negotiation and Beyond, Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin
      * Arbitrator, State of Illinois Mandatory Arbitration Program, Chicago, Illinois

Memberships:

* Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois – Fellow
      * International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
      * Association for Conflict Resolution
      * American Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
      * Chicago Bar Association
      * DuPage County Bar Association
      * Will County Bar Association

Ronald L. Hendrix -- Collaborative Law and Mediation • [email protected]
      Two Locations:
      40 Shuman Blvd., Suite 160, Naperville, IL 60563 • Phone (630) 416-7004
      1203 Theodore St., Suite 1B, Crest Hill, IL 60435 • Phone (815) 722-7050
      the collaborative approach | mediation | about us | faq | resources | divorce options | contact | home

http://www.collaborativelawrlh.com/aboutus.iml

Comment

bk lawyers are a dime a dozen

you can pay one around a grand and they'll take care of everything.

when it comes to a BK it's really all about the math.

what do you make?

what are your assets?

how much do you owe?

Comment

Please watch the dates & do not post to old threads. The thread was started 1-08 & the original poster hasn't posted since. Thanks.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X