Thread: legal advice : Kicking someone out your home

Default legal advice : Kicking someone out your home

I am hoping one of these two groups can provide some insight on a
    matter I am involved in.

Background: I grew up in the same home with my mother and 2 uncles.
    Run down house in poor area. One of my uncles is a VERY argumentative
    person and all through childhood I kept seeing these big
    confrontations between him and my mother and other uncle.

Once I finished college I was able to buy my mother a home. Well it's
    hers with the execption that I legally own it and make the payments.
    My two uncles were invited to stay there for free since they both have
    no income.

The argumentative uncle has continued his confrontational ways and at
    many times I have been tempted to have him put out but didn't because
    he does accompany my mother places so she dosen't have to go alone and
    helps out around the house (which we pay him for) because my other
    uncle is sick (suffered a stroke some time back). The guy is very
    argumentative and when I say this it may sound like an exagerration
    but if you lived there you would know it's sad but true that he
    manages to blow up over something at least once every other day

Anyway today was the last straw. I call home and hear that he is
    threatning to beat up my mother because of this. My argumentative
    uncle borrowed money from someone and wants my other sick uncle and
    mother to repay his debt.

There is no way I am going to allow this guy to stay there and he is
    threatning to "beat up" my mother. They are in Louisiana by the way
    but I live in another state.

Anyway my question is what do I have to do to have this guy out? As
    home owner can I legally just give him notice that I want him out of
    there? If so how much time can I give him. He dosen't pay rent. Of
    course there is no proof other than hearsay that he was going to beat
    her up but hey hearing my mother's voice cracking in fear on the phone
    is all the proof I need. If anyone knows what legal proceudres I have
    to take or can point me in the right direction or more appropriate
    group I would appreciate it.

"Brad James" <monte_carlo28@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2d826c72.0311050828.5dbcb377@posting.google.c om...
    I am hoping one of these two groups can provide some insight on a matter I am involved in. Background: I grew up in the same home with my mother and 2 uncles. Run down house in poor area. One of my uncles is a VERY argumentative person and all through childhood I kept seeing these big confrontations between him and my mother and other uncle. Once I finished college I was able to buy my mother a home. Well it's hers with the execption that I legally own it and make the payments. My two uncles were invited to stay there for free since they both have no income. The argumentative uncle has continued his confrontational ways and at many times I have been tempted to have him put out but didn't because he does accompany my mother places so she dosen't have to go alone and helps out around the house (which we pay him for) because my other uncle is sick (suffered a stroke some time back). The guy is very argumentative and when I say this it may sound like an exagerration but if you lived there you would know it's sad but true that he manages to blow up over something at least once every other day Anyway today was the last straw. I call home and hear that he is threatning to beat up my mother because of this. My argumentative uncle borrowed money from someone and wants my other sick uncle and mother to repay his debt. There is no way I am going to allow this guy to stay there and he is threatning to "beat up" my mother. They are in Louisiana by the way but I live in another state. Anyway my question is what do I have to do to have this guy out? As home owner can I legally just give him notice that I want him out of there? If so how much time can I give him. He dosen't pay rent. Of course there is no proof other than hearsay that he was going to beat her up but hey hearing my mother's voice cracking in fear on the phone is all the proof I need. If anyone knows what legal proceudres I have to take or can point me in the right direction or more appropriate group I would appreciate it.
    I don't know what the law is in Louisiana, but if your mom is willing to
    file for a restraining order against the uncle, which would require him to
    stay away from her, then that might be a way to go.

>Subject: legal advice : Kicking someone out your home
    From: monte_carlo28@hotmail.com (Brad James)Date: 11/5/2003 8:28 AM Pacific Standard TimeMessage-id: <2d826c72.0311050828.5dbcb377@posting.google.com >I am hoping one of these two groups can provide some insight on amatter I am involved in.Background: I grew up in the same home with my mother and 2 uncles.Run down house in poor area. One of my uncles is a VERY argumentativeperson and all through childhood I kept seeing these bigconfrontations between him and my mother and other uncle.Once I finished college I was able to buy my mother a home. Well it'shers with the execption that I legally own it and make the payments.My two uncles were invited to stay there for free since they both haveno income.
    How old are these guys? And why is it they have no income?
    The argumentative uncle has continued his confrontational ways and atmany times I have been tempted to have him put out but didn't becausehe does accompany my mother places so she dosen't have to go alone andhelps out around the house (which we >pay him for)
    He gets free rent but gets paid for helping around the house? Looks like this
    uncle has got everybody bamboozled, including you.
    because my otheruncle is sick (suffered a stroke some time back). The guy is veryargumentative and when I say this it may sound like an exagerrationbut if you lived there you would know it's sad but true that hemanages to blow up over something at least once every other day
    The uncle who has had a stroke deserves sympathy, but everyone else seems to be
    very dependant. Why does your mother need this other uncle to go places with
    her? It sounds to me almost like a marriage, where the wife is so dependant
    upon the husband that she is willing to take abuse from him.
    Anyway today was the last straw. I call home and hear that he isthreatning to beat up my mother because of this. My argumentativeuncle borrowed money from someone and wants my other sick uncle andmother to repay his debt.
    With what? So the other uncle "does" appear to have some income. And so does
    your mother.
    There is no way I am going to allow this guy to stay there and he isthreatning to "beat up" my mother. They are in Louisiana by the waybut I live in another state.Anyway my question is what do I have to do to have this guy out? Ashome owner can I legally just give him notice that I want him out ofthere? If so how much time can I give him. He dosen't pay rent. Ofcourse there is no proof other than hearsay that he was going to beather up but hey hearing my mother's voice cracking in fear on the phoneis all the proof I need. If anyone knows what legal proceudres I haveto take or can point me in the right direction or more appropriategroup I would appreciate it.
    My guess is that you are going to have to go to Louisiana, if you are that
    concerned.
    Tell him face to face to get out. Otherwise, if you tell him on the phone, he
    might take it out on your mother. If there are people who are dumb enough to
    loan him money, they might be fool enough to take him in, too, until he figures
    out what to do about himself. And that is exactly what he needs to do. The
    guy sounds like a freeloader to me. If you are really serious about wanting
    him out, you can go to court and ask for an emergency ex parte hearing and ask
    the court for a restraining order to keep your uncle from coming within a
    certain distance from your home. These usually don't take long to be heard.
    Could even be the next day because some family court judges keep their morning
    calendars
    free for ex parte motions. As the owner of the home, you have every right to
    evict your uncle, whether he pays rent or not. If he violates the restraining
    order and/or permanent injunction, he can be arrested. However, knowing what I
    do about disfunctional families, your mother will probably want him back soon
    so she doesn't have to take charge of her own life.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney. For legal advice it is best to consult one.
    This is for discussion purposes only and should not be construed as legal
    advice.
    "THE EXODUS CHRONICLES: Beliefs, Legends & Rumors from Antiquity Regarding the
    Exodus of the Jews from Egypt" by Marianne Luban
    You'll never think about the Biblical Book of Exodus in the same way again!
    http://www.geocities.com/scribelist/Exodus2.html

Brad James wrote:
    I am hoping one of these two groups can provide some insight on a matter I am involved in.
    Background: I grew up in the same home with my mother and 2 uncles. Run down house in poor area. One of my uncles is a VERY argumentative person and all through childhood I kept seeing these big confrontations between him and my mother and other uncle.
    Once I finished college I was able to buy my mother a home. Well it's hers with the execption that I legally own it and make the payments. My two uncles were invited to stay there for free since they both have no income.
    The argumentative uncle has continued his confrontational ways and at many times I have been tempted to have him put out but didn't because he does accompany my mother places so she dosen't have to go alone and helps out around the house (which we pay him for) because my other uncle is sick (suffered a stroke some time back). The guy is very argumentative and when I say this it may sound like an exagerration but if you lived there you would know it's sad but true that he manages to blow up over something at least once every other day
    Anyway today was the last straw. I call home and hear that he is threatning to beat up my mother because of this. My argumentative uncle borrowed money from someone and wants my other sick uncle and mother to repay his debt.
    There is no way I am going to allow this guy to stay there and he is threatning to "beat up" my mother. They are in Louisiana by the way but I live in another state.
    Anyway my question is what do I have to do to have this guy out? As home owner can I legally just give him notice that I want him out of there? If so how much time can I give him. He dosen't pay rent. Of course there is no proof other than hearsay that he was going to beat her up but hey hearing my mother's voice cracking in fear on the phone is all the proof I need. If anyone knows what legal proceudres I have to take or can point me in the right direction or more appropriate group I would appreciate it.
    I do not give legal advice as I am not a licensed attorney.

I'd politely send the guy a registered letter requesting that he vacate
    within x days.
    Stating the reasons why.
    After he refuses to "shape up or ship out", sack him with a court order.
    Gently reminding him that he is living there out of your kindness and that
    you own the house.

"Richard" <anonymous@informant.sux> wrote in message
    news:bobe0u0n1n@enews3.newsguy.com...
    Brad James wrote:
    I am hoping one of these two groups can provide some insight on a matter I am involved in. Background: I grew up in the same home with my mother and 2 uncles. Run down house in poor area. One of my uncles is a VERY argumentative person and all through childhood I kept seeing these big confrontations between him and my mother and other uncle. Once I finished college I was able to buy my mother a home. Well it's hers with the execption that I legally own it and make the payments. My two uncles were invited to stay there for free since they both have no income. The argumentative uncle has continued his confrontational ways and at many times I have been tempted to have him put out but didn't because he does accompany my mother places so she dosen't have to go alone and helps out around the house (which we pay him for) because my other uncle is sick (suffered a stroke some time back). The guy is very argumentative and when I say this it may sound like an exagerration but if you lived there you would know it's sad but true that he manages to blow up over something at least once every other day Anyway today was the last straw. I call home and hear that he is threatning to beat up my mother because of this. My argumentative uncle borrowed money from someone and wants my other sick uncle and mother to repay his debt. There is no way I am going to allow this guy to stay there and he is threatning to "beat up" my mother. They are in Louisiana by the way but I live in another state. Anyway my question is what do I have to do to have this guy out? As home owner can I legally just give him notice that I want him out of there? If so how much time can I give him. He dosen't pay rent. Of course there is no proof other than hearsay that he was going to beat her up but hey hearing my mother's voice cracking in fear on the phone is all the proof I need. If anyone knows what legal proceudres I have to take or can point me in the right direction or more appropriate group I would appreciate it.
    I doubt that this is a legal problem. The uncle probably can't afford a
    lawyer. The dangers here are not legal in nature, but what he might do when
    confronted. I think you need to explain to him that he will need to look for
    another place to live and give him some time to do that. Maybe you can get
    him to change his behavior.

"jberger" wrote:
    I don't know what the law is in Louisiana, but if your mom is willing to file for a restraining order against the uncle, which would require him to stay away from her, then that might be a way to go.
    A restraining order wouldn't even be necessary to get him out, if you go
    that route. The mother can call the police and say the uncle threatened her
    w/ bodily harm, or has used force against her, both of which are criminal
    and are grounds for arrest. The police will take the man off in handcuffs if
    the mother signs an arrest complaint against him. They might give him the
    option of turning over his keys to the mother and getting out to avoid
    arrest. A the husband of a woman I know did this when she called the police
    on him for knocking her around. The police were there and told him if he
    left voluntarily and turned overh is keys to his wife, they wouldn't arrest
    him, as long as the woman wasn't interested in pursuing criminal charges.

If she doesn't get his keys from him, she should have the locks changed
    while he's in police custody. She could also pack up a lot of his stuff in
    bags or boxes and leave them outside the house for him to pick up when he
    gets out of lock-up. She should not let him back in the house to pack
    belongings unless she has a couple of able-bodied friends or neighbors
    present to insure he packs in a timely fashion and gets out quickly and w/o
    incident.

But if she refuses to do this, getting the man out will be far more
    difficult. As long as the threats by the uncle were made against the tenant
    and not the homeowner, only the tenant can press charges against him to have
    him arrested. A person can't sign a complaint against someone on another
    person's behalf.

The son would have to talk to his mother firmly and let her know that a
    condition of remaining in the house is that the uncle is no longer welcome
    and must vacate the premises promptly. He would have to let her know that if
    she allows the uncle to remain, he might require them all to find
    alternative housing, or that he'll be forced to take legal action against
    the uncle to have him evicted.

If the mother continues to refuse to cooperate, the son would have to decide
    if he's determined to have the uncle removed. If so, he'd probably need to
    pursue eviction procedures through the courts, as somone else suggested. If
    it comes to that, though, I caution the son to be wary of getting sucked
    into a dysfunctional pattern of attempting to rescue an abuse victim.
    Unfortunately, there are people who get some unhealthy gratification out of
    being in abusive relationships --- particularly when they have someone to go
    crying to each time to complain and get sympathy from or get "rescued". It's
    like some little drama they enjoy playing out.

No "rescuer" can ever win in a situation like this. He or she will only be
    sucked in, used, and end up frustrated, angry and eventually burned out when
    it happens repeatedly. The woman I referred to in an earlier paragraph who
    kicked her husband out of the house w/ the police present -- the man was
    back living in his house again by the end of the week. I'm sure he's
    aggressed against her many times since.

In the situation posted, the son may have little control over what happens
    after the uncle is forced out, if it comes to that. W/ him being out of
    state, his mother could let the uncle back in at any time, if she chooses
    to---even if she promises not to. If this happens, he should be extremely
    reticent about getting involved the next time.

NS

=> Vox Populi

Mark A wrote:
    "Richard" <anonymous@informant.sux> wrote in message news:bobe0u0n1n@enews3.newsguy.com...
    Brad James wrote:
    I doubt that this is a legal problem. The uncle probably can't afford a lawyer. The dangers here are not legal in nature, but what he might do when confronted. I think you need to explain to him that he will need to look for another place to live and give him some time to do that. Maybe you can get him to change his behavior.
    "change his behavior" ... bwahahahaaaaa! That's a good one ...

--

"Naturally, the common people don't want war;
    neither in Russia nor in England nor in America,
    nor for that matter in Germany.
    That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders
    of the country who determine the policy and
    it is always a simple matter to drag the people
    along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist
    dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist
    dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can
    always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    That is easy. All you have to do is tell them
    they are being attacked and denounce the
    pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing
    the country to danger. It works the same way
    in any country."

- Hermann Goering, Nazi Reichsmarshall

marianneluban@aol.comnospam (MarianneLuban) wrote in message news:<20031105125314.02978.00000301@mb-m06.aol.com>...
    Subject: legal advice : Kicking someone out your homeFrom: monte_carlo28@hotmail.com (Brad James)Date: 11/5/2003 8:28 AM Pacific Standard TimeMessage-id: <2d826c72.0311050828.5dbcb377@posting.google.com >I am hoping one of these two groups can provide some insight on amatter I am involved in.Background: I grew up in the same home with my mother and 2 uncles.Run down house in poor area. One of my uncles is a VERY argumentativeperson and all through childhood I kept seeing these bigconfrontations between him and my mother and other uncle.Once I finished college I was able to buy my mother a home. Well it'shers with the execption that I legally own it and make the payments.My two uncles were invited to stay there for free since they both haveno income. How old are these guys? And why is it they have no income?
    Old enough not to be acting like children. As for why they have no
    income? Well I'll just say thats something with the exception of my
    sick uncle that I've been wondering for a long time. The argumentative
    uncle seems able-bodied but I think he had some type of injuy before.
    I don't know. As for my mother she stays home and take care of my sick
    uncle but she is a classic "discouraged worker". I would think the
    term is BS unless I knew someone who fit the description perfectly. My
    sick uncle has living assistance so I should not have said he has no
    income but barely non. He pays the utility bills at the house. He has
    been partially and even moreso now blind since childhood. Plus add in
    the stroke and the fact he's a diabetic.

The argumentative uncle has continued his confrontational ways and atmany times I have been tempted to have him put out but didn't becausehe does accompany my mother places so she dosen't have to go alone andhelps out around the house (which we >pay him for) He gets free rent but gets paid for helping around the house? Looks like this uncle has got everybody bamboozled, including you.

Well if I had a $100 for every time I've told them they should not be
    giving thier last money to this guy for doing household chores when he
    is getting free room and board I'd probably be rich by now. They don't
    listen, never have!

because my otheruncle is sick (suffered a stroke some time back). The guy is veryargumentative and when I say this it may sound like an exagerrationbut if you lived there you would know it's sad but true that hemanages to blow up over something at least once every other day
    The uncle who has had a stroke deserves sympathy, but everyone else seems to be very dependant.

I agree. I realize it's a messed up situation but it's the one I have
    to deal with.

Why does your mother need this other uncle to go places with her? It sounds to me almost like a marriage, where the wife is so dependant upon the husband that she is willing to take abuse from him.
    They rationalize it that he may be just a little disturbed but not
    enough for it to be ordinarily noticeable. I gather from what I've
    heard that when he was little he was picked on and beat up a few times
    so my mother and sick uncle use that as justification for sympathy for
    him even after he's on the point of beating her up. Hey I don't
    understand it but just saying thats the mentality I have to deal with!

Anyway today was the last straw. I call home and hear that he isthreatning to beat up my mother because of this. My argumentativeuncle borrowed money from someone and wants my other sick uncle andmother to repay his debt. With what? So the other uncle "does" appear to have some income. And so does your mother.

Well not my mother. My sick uncle gets living assistance which is
    enough for him to help me out with the utility bills and pay for food
    for the house, etc.

There is no way I am going to allow this guy to stay there and he isthreatning to "beat up" my mother. They are in Louisiana by the waybut I live in another state.Anyway my question is what do I have to do to have this guy out? Ashome owner can I legally just give him notice that I want him out ofthere? If so how much time can I give him. He dosen't pay rent. Ofcourse there is no proof other than hearsay that he was going to beather up but hey hearing my mother's voice cracking in fear on the phoneis all the proof I need. If anyone knows what legal proceudres I haveto take or can point me in the right direction or more appropriategroup I would appreciate it.
    My guess is that you are going to have to go to Louisiana, if you are that concerned. Tell him face to face to get out. Otherwise, if you tell him on the phone, he might take it out on your mother.

Maybe I should do that. My REAL concern is what's afterwards for my
    mother and sick uncle since like you mentioned above it is a very
    co-dependent circle there.

"jberger" <jberger@sprynet.com> wrote in message news:<bobd59$1cp865$1@ID-165095.news.uni-berlin.de>...
    "Brad James" <monte_carlo28@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2d826c72.0311050828.5dbcb377@posting.google.c om...
    Anyway my question is what do I have to do to have this guy out? As home owner can I legally just give him notice that I want him out of there? If so how much time can I give him. He dosen't pay rent. Of course there is no proof other than hearsay that he was going to beat her up but hey hearing my mother's voice cracking in fear on the phone is all the proof I need. If anyone knows what legal proceudres I have to take or can point me in the right direction or more appropriate group I would appreciate it. I don't know what the law is in Louisiana, but if your mom is willing to file for a restraining order against the uncle, which would require him to stay away from her, then that might be a way to go.
    Good idea except she would never do it short of him actually
    assaulting her and putting her in the hospital. fwiw I believe he does
    already have a restraining order against him for a woman he was dating
    and she claimed he assaulted her or something. I don't know the whole
    detail because I wasn't there but I do know police came to the house
    on the other woman's request and apparently came close to arresting
    him.

monte_carlo28@hotmail.com (Brad James) wrote in message news:<2d826c72.0311050828.5dbcb377@posting.google. com>...
    I am hoping one of these two groups can provide some insight on a matter I am involved in.
    If there is no lease and he pays no rent it seems to me there is no
    binding relationship between you. Pay for a two weeks stay at a
    residency hotel a distance from the house, then change the locks.

Mez

"Mark A" <ma@switchboard.net> wrote in message news:<Fibqb.1081$S06.30860@news.uswest.net>...
    "Richard" <anonymous@informant.sux> wrote in message news:bobe0u0n1n@enews3.newsguy.com...
    Brad James wrote:
    I doubt that this is a legal problem. The uncle probably can't afford a lawyer. The dangers here are not legal in nature, but what he might do when confronted. I think you need to explain to him that he will need to look for another place to live and give him some time to do that. Maybe you can get him to change his behavior.

Well I doubt he will change his behavior but I may just have to
    confront him and tell him I want him out. I wanted to tell him this
    morning on the phone when I called and learned what was going on but
    my mother didn't want me to for fear it would have only made the
    situation worse. Now that I've cooled down a bit maybe she was right
    but still he has to go.

He does seem like someone who could explode. Just to show you what
    kind of mentality I'm dealing with here. This is someone who when I
    was a kid (maybe early or pre-teens) I was just at home alone one time
    with him. Somehow an argument broke out so this grown man goes and
    puts "brass knuckles" on his hands and no I was just a very skinny kid
    so I didn't have a physical advantage on him.

This is the type of person who is living for free in the home I bought
    and pays for and threatning to beat up my mother but I can't get rid
    of because they have become so dependent on him. Sorry for the rant
    but still a little boiled over about the situation.

"Brad James" <monte_carlo28@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:2d826c72.0311050828.5dbcb377@posting.google.c om...
    Take your mother home with you for a month. After you get her moved, go
    back to Louisiana and tell the uncles to move out. Tell them you are
    selling the house. Hand them, right then, a thirty day notice to vacate, if
    that is what's required by Louisiana law. (You will have to find that out
    first, but the easy way to do it is have an attorney handle the eviction.)
    Then, that same day, have a moving company move your mother's possessions to
    storage. (Leave the stove and the fridge in the house until after the
    uncles are gone.) Then when they are evicted (that should take less than a
    month) sell the house. Then rent your mother an apartment, or buy her a
    condo or house that is too small for guests. Then tell the argumentative
    uncle that if he visits your mother for more than a few hours, you will have
    him forcibly removed, and charged with trespass, and you'll get a
    restraining order. Later, if your mother wants a place big enough for her
    possessions from storage, you can deal with that in a way that doesn't put
    her in danger of being invaded by the bad uncle.

Don't worry about how the good uncle is going to get by. He's not your
    responsibility.

McGyver

If he's not a tenant or has no other worthwhile claim of possession, you
    don't need a reason to order him to leave. I believe his status is
    licensee, becoming trespasser once he's ordered to leave.

I'd give him a specific deadline to leave and remove his property. If he
    doesn't leave on time, I would call the police to remove him, and have him
    send contact information or a location to send his property to him, and
    perhaps charge him storage if I had to rent a shed or make similar
    arrangements. If he doesn't make arrangements for his property after a
    month or so (or longer if required by state procedure), I'd dispose of the
    property.

"Richard" <anonymous@informant.sux> wrote in message
    news:bobe0u0n1n@enews3.newsguy.com...
    Brad James wrote:
    I do not give legal advice as I am not a licensed attorney.
    No, you're "Richard" the St00pid Bullis, an unemployed truckdriver with a
    worthless high school diploma, living in a filthy trailer in Wisconsin.
    I'd politely send the guy a registered letter requesting that he vacate within x days.
    Is that how you wish it goes down when you get evicted, Mr. Bullis?
    Stating the reasons why. After he refuses to "shape up or ship out", sack him with a court order.
    http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl
    Woodlawn Heights vs. Richard Bullis
    Wood County Case Number 2002SC001495
    Civil Judgment(s)
    Type Debtor Name
    Judgment for eviction Bullis, Richard

Gently reminding him that he is living there out of your kindness and that you own the house.
    Is that what Harvey kept reminding you of while you were leeching off him,
    Bullis?

Path:
    sn-us!sn-xit-01!sn-xit-08!supernews.com!newsfeed1.easynews.com!easynews.c om!
    easynews!pln-w!spln!dex!extra.newsguy.com!newsp.newsguy.com!ene ws3
    Newsgroups: misc.legal,alt.true-crime
    Subject: Re: legal advice : Kicking someone out your home
    Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:02:48 -0600
    Organization: http://extra.newsguy.com
    Lines: 52
    Message-ID: <bobe0u0n1n@enews3.newsguy.com>
    References: <2d826c72.0311050828.5dbcb377@posting.google.com >
    NNTP-Posting-Host: p-347.newsdawg.com
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
    X-No-Archive: yes
    FL-Build: Fidolook 2002 (SL) 6.0.2600.78 - 24/10/2002 21:18:29
    Xref: sn-us misc.legal:466269 alt.true-crime:758933

Default help pleaseeee :]

so my parents let this 18, now 19, year old girl move in the house about a year and half ago. she doesn't pay them any rent and when asked to clean up after herself, she doesn't. she walks all over my parents. its disgusting to me. my parents decided to kick her out of the house so they packed all of her things and she went to her boyfriends house. she told us it was illegal to kick her out without a notice. BUT the kick is that she always used her boyfriends house address for her mail and everything. all of her bills and spam mail went to their house. so basically the government never knew she was living here because she was using their address for everything. if they would happen to look for her then they would go straight to her boyfriends house, not ours. is it really illegal considering she basically lied about where she was living?