Thread: 17 yo/dating 25 yo-New York

Default 17 yo/dating 25 yo-New York

I just need to know if it is illegal for me at the age of 17 to have sex with my boyfriend. please i need answers, i love him so much, i dont want him to be in trouble for it. i keep getting ans. like yes your able to if you consent to it and all, but i would like to know if anyone can put a statutory rape conviction on him, even if i consent to it.

Post Answers.....

Well Im not totally sure but in my state if your at least 16 and the person you are w/is no more then 3-5 years older then you can consent and there is nothing they can do but if you do consent to it and there is more of an age difference you can get into trouble so if you guys are going to do stuff like that dont consent to it cause the age difference will be a problem nothing wrong w/dating but just dont consent to it cause you could run into huge problems anyways thats my advice to you and goodluck.

Since he is age 25, I would say to wait unless you are married. He is not a teen, so a prosecutor might see it all differently, so unless you are married, wait until age 18.

Quote Originally Posted by kikuru
    I just need to know if it is illegal for me at the age of 17 to have sex with my boyfriend. please i need answers, i love him so much, i dont want him to be in trouble for it. i keep getting ans. like yes your able to if you consent to it and all, but i would like to know if anyone can put a statutory rape conviction on him, even if i consent to it.
    If you can't manage to find the answer to your question on your own, you are too young to be having sex in the first place.

Unhappy 16/girl wanting to date 21 turning 22 in oct./guy

Hey i was wondering if it is legal to date a 21 turning 22 on oct.20 when ur 15 turning 16 in jul. or already 16? I have Parental Acceptence to date him but i was wondering if he could go to jail just by dating me? please give me whatever information you have on dating 16 and 21 turning 22(legal or illegal) in New York State...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheagle22 View Post
    Hey i was wondering if it is legal to date a 21 turning 22 on oct.20 when ur 15 turning 16 in jul. or already 16? I have Parental Acceptence to date him but i was wondering if he could go to jail just by dating me? please give me whatever information you have on dating 16 and 21 turning 22(legal or illegal) in New York State...
    Start you own thread.
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay