Thread: what is the legal age to move out of your parents home in oklahoma?

Unhappy what is the legal age to move out of your parents home in oklahoma?

I am 16 and my parents are complete buthollls to sume it all up and I need to get out of my house. so please help me

You must be 18. No court is going to allow you to move out because your parents are, in your opinion, being 'buttholes'.

Arrow Sorry...

In order 2 get emancipated u would hav 2 show alot of maturity and hav a better reason then that i can tell u no court will emancipate u for that but if u got urself 2gether and everythin & had a logical reason then they might but it all dependz on reason and stuff and sorry but that isnt a good enough reason need a better 1.

Arrow Nope.....

I hate to dissapoint you honey but you have to have a good reason to lave home not a reason like that I know for a fact cause ive been through it you also have to show a huge level of maturity 2. No court is going to allow you to leave juss cause you dont really get along w/your parents sorry need more reasons then that.

Age of majority is age 18.
    I suggest that you ask your parents' permission to go live with a family friend, and other family or friends. Lots of teens do not like their parents, so that alone is not a good reason to try and leave home.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sweetthing1822003
    I am 16 and my parents are complete buthollls to sume it all up and I need to get out of my house. so please help me
    My question would be "What are they not letting you do?" I am going thru the same thing with my 16 yr old.

To answer the original question, 18. Explicitly 18. No twists, loopholes, or confusing statutes.

Question When can I move out?

I am 16 years old. I have been staying with my friend and her family. My mom dont want me, but she dont want to see me happy. Every time I see her see calls me a hoe, a ****, a *****. My mother is now wanting me to move to ARKANSAS. I dont want to move I want to stay with my friend. What can I do to stay in Oklahoma. I am getting a job. I feel loved at the house I am at. When I am at home I get trashed all the time. My parents dont want me but they dont want me to be happy. I am happy where I am at. I want to stay.... Please Help Me!!!!

Default sorry honey

Quote Originally Posted by kotagirlissweet
    I am 16 years old. I have been staying with my friend and her family. My mom dont want me, but she dont want to see me happy. Every time I see her see calls me a hoe, a ****, a *****. My mother is now wanting me to move to ARKANSAS. I dont want to move I want to stay with my friend. What can I do to stay in Oklahoma. I am getting a job. I feel loved at the house I am at. When I am at home I get trashed all the time. My parents dont want me but they dont want me to be happy. I am happy where I am at. I want to stay.... Please Help Me!!!!
    I am so sorry your mom wants to pull you from your happy place,but legally she can do so,and if she moves to arkansas,you have to go with her. The only way you could stay is if your mom ok's your friends mom to become guardian of you,it doesn't sound like she is going to do this. I wish you luck but let me state again,if your mom insists that you go with her,you have to do so. Sorry!!

Default Moving Out

BY Oklahoma State Law a child can petition the court at the age of 15 to decide guardianship.
    STUMPED11

This thread was dead.

Guardianship is not the same thing as emancipation.

The minor cannot petition the court on his or her own.

Without a valid reason (other than "my parents are buttholes), a court will not grant emancipation or a change of guardianship to the minor.

www.bostoncoop.net/lcd/emancipation/oklahoma.html
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Question im 17 years of age

im 17 years of age my parents are divorced and my real father lives in oklahoma on the boreder of texas and my real mom lives in texas on the boarder of oklahoma so its like twenty min away from each house. as of now i am stayin with my real father in oklahoma but my address and all that stuff is still in texas i have not gone thru court and changed everything..so my current address is in texas.... i was wanderin if i could move out of my real fathers house now. or would i have to move back in with my real mom in texas then move out of her house. i plan on living to oklahoma with my boyfriend that has just turned 18 ?? so can i do that?

at 17 you live where your parents say end of story and please dont hijack someone elses thread

even in texas?

i thought that in texas the legal age to move out of your parents house with out there say was 17

i didnt mean to still the thread i just started this and i can quite figure how to make one.

Its 18 what you heard was wrong. You may live outside of your parents home with consent but no other way.

ok thankyou.

Default What about the age in Puerto Rico?

I have a friend who turned 18 today and wants to move back to New Jersey this weekend.

Her parents have told her to not even think about it.

Can they stop her?

I can't find any details on the internet.

Do you have to be 21 in puerto rico to legally move out on your own?

Thanks

The age of majority in Puerto Rico is 18, so when your 18 you can move out.

Quote Originally Posted by turbowray View Post
    The age of majority in Puerto Rico is 18, so when your 18 you can move out.
    Of course, that works both ways.

At 18, parents are no longer financially, emotionally or physically responsible for the child either.

When you leave the house, they could change the locks and say they have never known you. They could completely cut you off without a dime and without a home to come back to.

Just putting things in perspective.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetthing1822003 View Post
    My teacher has informed me that u can move out when u have finished high school and or u can just choose that a family member take guardianship of you

Weigh A Pie...the last county before Canada

Quote Originally Posted by abcdef211 View Post
    My teacher has informed me that u can move out when u have finished high school and or u can just choose that a family member take guardianship of you

That is absolutely INCORRECT.

And please - don't respond to a years-old post. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdef211 View Post
    And your teacher ain't here, and your teacher doesn't know SQUAT.

FOUR YEARS since the last post here. Start your own thread, abcdef211.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!