Thread: Still no W2

Default Still no W2

My employer finally handed me a W2 in February after I had to practically beg for it. I looked at it and saw that according to the W2, I earned $2 500 more than my pay stubs and bank deposits reflected and paid less taxes than I actually did. I pointed it out to my employer, he said he'd get it fixed. Now it's a month later, I still don't have a W2 so I can file my taxes and my employer has a million excuses. I'm at my wits end. What do I do?

Default The form you want is a 4852 form

This is a form that is used when you have an incorrect or missing W-2 form. However, I find that the IRS repeatedly ignores it and violates your rights by believing the W-2 form (not signed under penalities of perjury) rather than the 4852 form.

However, the 4852 form should be the form that was designed for the purpose of what you are having a problem with.

It could be that you were charged the value of benefits in your intial W2 but some things are pretax, so I think you should also review your paystubs to see what was deducted from your pay.

You might want to do a search on http://www.losthorizons.com/

A lot of good information on 4852 and how to determine the amount of your earnings that are applicable as W-2 "wages"

maybe your employer is doing some sort of fraud for the benefit of his company !!! who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Bla View Post
    My employer finally handed me a W2 in February after I had to practically beg for it. I looked at it and saw that according to the W2, I earned $2 500 more than my pay stubs and bank deposits reflected and paid less taxes than I actually did. I pointed it out to my employer, he said he'd get it fixed. Now it's a month later, I still don't have a W2 so I can file my taxes and my employer has a million excuses. I'm at my wits end. What do I do?
    You give your employer another chance to correct the problem, and if he doesn't, then you find another job and take your employer to court.

Super Moderator

This was posted a year ago (2006). I'm not entirely convinced the original poster is still looking for advice on this issue.