Thread: Lets see how many Labor laws Discount Tire Co. can break!

Angry Lets see how many Labor laws Discount Tire Co. can break!

I saw this post earlier:
    __________________________________________________ __
    INDIANA DEPARTMENT OF LABOR BUREAU OF CHILD LABOR
    Instructions:
    Employers of minors who are 14, 15, 16, or 17 years of age are required by law to post the maximum number of hours these minors may be employed or permitted to work in each day of the week. No minor who is 16 or 17 years of age and a student may be employed or permitted to work on a school day after 7:30 a.m. and before 3:30 p.m. unless the employer has on file a written exception issued by the school that the child attends. Minors 16 or 17 years of age who have graduated from high school or have received a General Education Development (GED) diploma are not subject to the hour restrictions set out below and are not required to obtain a work permit. Minors 16 or 17 years of age who have withdrawn from school are not subject to the hour restrictions set out above, but are required to obtain a work permit.

TEEN BREAK LAW As a teen worker under the age of 18, you must receive one or two breaks totaling 30 minutes when you are scheduled to work 6 or more consecutive hours.
    __________________________________________________ ______

I've been working at Discount Tire CO. for a 8 months now. I'm also still a minor. First off, If i'm not at work at 3:00PM on a school day, I get yelled at for being late. On Saturdays, I work 12 hours stright, most of the time I don't get a lunch. I've never once have had a break while working either. The whole day the mananger stands on some steps(aka, his pirch) and yells at people non stop, He treats us all like crap. We've had people get hurt a couple of times due to faulty machinery. In the past week, a safty swich that has been broke on a machine caused it to fall breaking a guys hand. He like to favor people also. Because this kid has issuse at home, he has gave him a rise 3 times now, and more hours out of anybody becuase of his finacial problems. I've been there doble the time this kid has, and yet he makes more then me when i'm still training him on stuff. I go into work everyday and work hard, and we all still get yelled at, at the end of the night. This this is my last week to work there, i'm done with all the b/s there.

If you're just venting, fine. If you're asking if there is anything you can "do", you can file a complaint with the state Dept. of Labor for the violations. BTW, the boss yelling at you is not a violation of law.