Thread: Docked Pay/Hours & Workers comp question

Default Docked Pay/Hours & Workers comp question in Ga

If i come in 15 minutes late can my employer dock me for 30 minutes?
    Also, I recently got hurt on the job, had surgery and all. I currently have physical therapy appoinments as well as doctors appt's. Does the workers comp company have to pay me for my hours missed during those appointments?
    Last edited by jolinejb; 09-22-2005 at 04:38 PM. Reason: forgot to add state which is Georgia

Hours can only be rounded to the nearest 15 minutes. Docking you 30 minutes for a 15-minute lateness, then, is in violation of federal wage and hour regulations. You can file a complaint with the state Dept. of Labor, although Georgia's laws and enforcement procedures are pretty weak, and they may refer you to the federal DOL for this.

Relative to the work comp, I will let someone else handle. This is not my area of expertise.

Default 2 surgeries pending

Unfortunately I am getting very well-acquainted with workers comp rules and regulations. If you are going to the dr for a a workers comp injury your time away is supposed to be paid. Do not use your vacation or sick time, they pay and actually are supposed to pay your mileage to the dr and back to work but that is a hassle unless you live a long way from your dr. It pays 40 cents a mile in Ga. I was happy for them to pay my salary while I was gone.
    I have been on WC for 2 years so if you need any more info I have learned alot the hard way. These forums help.

Right, genegene, but the employer is not required to pay. Generally speaking, Work Comp should though. BTW, this original post is over a year-and-a-half old.

Workers comp will pay 60% of your salary or $450/wk which ever is less. Sick time can make up the 40%. STD doesnt kick in. I know this post is over a year old. but for once there is something on this board i know the answer to! yay

Super Moderator

So now since we have the answer and we have all acknowledged that this thread is dead, let's leave it alone, shall we?

Super Moderator

Congratulations on your new status.

NOW can we close the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by cbg View Post

NOW can we close the thread?

Sure. . . . . . . .
    Any advice provided does not create an attorney-client relationship. This is a public forum and therefore no confidentiality is assured. Attorney Joel Grist does not enter into an attorney-client relationship without a written representation agreement.