Thread: Utah dating law... 15 w/ a 18 year old..

Default Utah dating law... 15 w/ a 18 year old..

Hello, im 17 and will be 18 in august and I just started dating a 15 year old. Im concerned about the Utah laws about this. Im scared about getting in trouble, and if i have to id wait for her to become 18 if thats what it takes... thanks

There are no laws about dating. It's fine to date her, as long as you have her parents' permission to do so. Be aware that she is below the age of sexual consent, so keep it innocent.
    Last edited by pty; 08-02-2005 at 10:28 PM.

what is the legal sexual consent in utah is it 18?

Default Utah dating law

Go check the Utah Penal Code (no, not the penile code), should be on line. It will tell you the legal age you can have sex with her. In Texas, it can't be more than three years apart, so you'd be up on statutory rape charges if her parents got upset over this.

Can't you find a nice girl your own age????? YOu really don't want to be pegged a sexual offender. That would follow you for life.

Sharon Middleton

Dating is ok, but no sex til you both are over the age of majority.

Default Hopefully

hopefully it's ok... i've been trying to find out if it's ok for like idk like 4 hours.. i don't wanna lose my bf or get him put into jail.. i'm 15 and he's 18 and i really really like him... idk... u sure it's not against the law???
    <3/chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by x_zilo_x View Post
    hopefully it's ok... i've been trying to find out if it's ok for like idk like 4 hours.. i don't wanna lose my bf or get him put into jail.. i'm 15 and he's 18 and i really really like him... idk... u sure it's not against the law???
    <3/chelsea
    Like, we are sure it is, and he will, so you will to a big guy named Bubba.

Wait untill you are 18, or even better, married. The last thing you want is to end up pregnant, alone, and carying several STD's that are incurable.

http://www.richlandpregnancy.com/std.htm

Here is a wake up call.

Even when a condom is used and worn properly in every way, there is a 17% failure rate as far as pregnancy is concerned. When looking at condoms and STDs, there are two things to keep in mind:

1) Some STDs are passed skin to skin in the genital area, such as Genital Herpes. A condom does not protect at all in these cases.

2) HIV can be contracted with a condom due to the fact that the HIV micro-organism can be smaller than the microscopic holes left in the criss-cross fibers of the latex in the condom.

Super Moderator

It's not okay. If you are 15 and he is 18, if you have sex, he will go to jail.

Clear enough?

If you have any physical contact with him and/or any discussions with him by phone, email or text message about physical contact with him, he would also go to prison... just for years rather than decades.

If you really like him, leave him alone until you are 18.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

i heard about a couple that he was 17 and she was 15 when they had sex and the boy turned 18 the mom find out can the boy go jail for that.

Super Moderator

nerd91, please do not reply to old threads - thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Nerd91, the last post in this thread is 3 years 3.8 months ago.
    Please be more attentive to the last post dates.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Super Moderator

I had already told poster that - I just didn't close the thread like you did. I generally don't unless it continues to get new replies. I will leave closed though.
    Last edited by Betty3; 03-07-2010 at 01:47 AM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

I decided to close it because of the age of the thread. I see no positive/beneficial use of keeping it open.

If they want to read it they can.
    If they want to ask a question they can post it in the forum or PM one of us.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Super Moderator

No problem.