Thread: Giving Up Parental Rights Without Paying C/S

Default Giving Up Parental Rights Without Paying C/S

BACK IN 1988 WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL I MEET THIS GIRL. WE NEVER DATED BUT MESSED AROUND FOR ABOUT SEVEN OR EIGHT MONTHS.
    LATER ON I FOUND OUT SHE WAS MESSING AROUND WITH A LOT OF DIFFRENT GUYS. AND I STOPPED HAVING SEX WITH HER SHE LATER BECAME PRENANT.
    I ASK WHO THE FATHER WAS AND SHE SAID IT WAS A GUY SHE MEET FROM ANOTHER A SCHOOL.HE TOOK CARE OF THE CHILD FOR FEW YEARS AND LATER THOUGH DNA FOUND OUT THE CHILD WASN'T HIS.SO SHE PUT IN ON ANOTHER GUY AND THE SAME THING HAPPEN.I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY MEN IT HAS BEEN BUT IT IS 16 YEARS LATER AND SHE HAS JUST SENT ME CHILD
    SUPPORT PAPERS THROUGH THE MAIL. WE BOTH LIVE IN THE SAME TOWN IN ARKANSAS AND I SEE HER AROUND AND THE CHILD DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ME OR MY TWO KIDS. IF SHE IS PROVEN TO BE MY CHILD I DON'T FEEL LIKE I CAN BE A FATHER TO HER BECAUSE I FEEL NO FATHERLY BOND TO THIS CHILD. HER MOTHER IS MARRIED THE GUY WHO IS THE ACTIVE FATHER OF
    THE CHILD WOULD HAVE A BETTER BOND WITH HER THEN ME. THEREFORE I
    THINK I SHOULD GIVE UP MY PARENTAL RIGHTS IF SHE IS PROVEN MINE.MY QUESTION IS CAN I GIVE UP ALL RIGHT TO MOTHER AND THE ACTING FAHER AND NOT PAY C/S.

Well first there will be a DNA test, or you should file to have one done to determine paternity. If you are the father, you can offer to relinquish your parental rights so the step father can adopt the child and the mother can stop playing bingo with potential fathers. I think that would be in the child's best interest and likely the only way for you to avoid child support. However, you may wish to tell the court that it is not in the child's best interest to have any father other than the one she has now since Mom obviously does not know who the father really is and is just guessing, which is not fair to the child, nor in its best interest. If there is not a DNA test, get a lawyer and contest the petition to establish child support on grounds that you are not the child's father and have no good faith reason to believe that you are the child's father and you will have to challenge the assertion of paternity and request a court-ordered DNa test to establish paternity.