Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California Driving License and SSN Exempt?

Default California Driving License and SSN Exempt?

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#2500 "Residency is established by voting in a California election, paying resident tuition, filing for a homeowner's property tax exemption, or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to nonresidents. " http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d01/vc516.htm Resident 516. "Resident" means any person who manifests an intent to live or be located in this state on more than a temporary or transient basis. Presence in the state for six months or more in any 12- month period gives rise to a rebuttable presumption of residency. The following are evidence of residency for purposes of vehicle registration: (a) Address where registered to vote. (b) Location of employment or place of business. (c) Payment of resident tuition at a public institution of higher education. (d) Attendance of dependents at a primary or secondary school. (e) Filing a homeowner's property tax exemption. (f) Renting or leasing a home for use as a residence. (g) Declaration of residency to obtain a license or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to a nonresident. (h) Possession of a California driver's license. (i) Other acts, occurrences, or events that indicate presence in the state is more than temporary or transient. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/pgs01thru03.htm "New Residents You are a resident of California if you intend to live in this state on more than a temporary or transient basis. When you make your home here or take a job, you must get a California driver license within 10 days. Evidence of residency is established by any of the following: voting in California elections; paying resident tuition at a public institution of higher education; filing for a home owner's property tax exemption; obtaining a license; or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to nonresidents. "
    So not Resident?

Well at least until you get an EAD.

--
    Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Mattias Hembruch wrote:
    In article <aRdnd.19582$zx1.345@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com> , anon <anon@anon.anon> wrote:
    Mattias Hembruch wrote:
    Just curious why you're so eager to get a DL?I'm still driving on my Ontario (Canada) license, and it's just fine..I have my SSN, so I CAN apply for one.. But, I have no NEED of one yet..Sooner or later.. Once my foot heals..
    I think you need to have chat with someone at DMV that actually knowssomething. If you reside in California, your foreign license is not valid.
    And, Mr. "anon@anon", what proves that I am residing in California?
    Did I say they could prove that you were residing in California?

You filed an AOS indicating you want to adjust status to a US Permanent
    Resident. Wouldn't that indicate you are actually residing in
    California? Being a CA Resident doesn't happen the day you get I-551
    status. You are confusing US PR status with state resident status.

I had to change it sorry Trevor!! Ps: If you want I can send you funny cow animations so your little boy can have a good laugh
    Yes, please! He tells me, "go to the one with the jumpy cow and the
    stinky guy!" Then he says in his best cow voice: I'm so happy, i'm
    jumping and jumping, i'm so happy! ha ha...

Ok, so maybe you have to be there, but it is cute!

Marnee

I'll trade ya for a smiling frog!

--
    Last edited by ronaldg; 07-24-2008 at 12:58 PM.

In article <35$265788$1809873$1100203913@britishexpats.com> , inquisitive40 <inquisitive40@britishexpats.com> wrote:
    Nah...still getting papers together, I needed an sponsor and right now we are in the process of getting the tax returns together. But as soon that is done I will be at my lawyers office to sign the paperwork and make my appointment to the Fresno immigration office. You will know and understand that it's still a nerve wrecking time for me...Well I am PRETTY sure that without being legally in the country youwillnot be allowed to get a driving license, the require documentation toshow you are legally here.Patrick
    Now I remember why I'm in no hurry to get my CA DL. I think it was CaliforniaBride who reported that her DL was only good until the end of her I-90. Well, mine expires in 6 weeks (applied for AOS about 10 days ago). No sense getting a DL that's only good for a few weeks.. and then paying AGAIN later.. Mattias
    NO NO NO! NOT correct.

When I passed my test I was given a piece of paper that said I had
    passed it was called an interim license and was valid for about 90 days
    (can't remember how long).

The reason for that was they do not issue the laminated jobbie on
    the same day.

The interim license was just to cover me until I got my laminated one.

Similar to in the UK. When you finish your test you get handed a piece
    of paper that you can use to drive on until you send for your proper
    license. Difference here being that they automatically send it here you
    don't have to request it.

It had NOTHING to do with my passport AOS or anything.

Glad to have cleared that up.

--

In article <f%dnd.23152$6q2.21741@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com> , anon <anon@anon.anon> wrote:
    Mattias Hembruch wrote:
    Now I remember why I'm in no hurry to get my CA DL. I think it was CaliforniaBride who reported that her DL was only good until the end of her I-90. Well, mine expires in 6 weeks (applied for AOS about 10 days ago). No sense getting a DL that's only good for a few weeks.. and then paying AGAIN later.. Mattias
    My understanding is that if you "reside" in CA, then you need a CADL.If you have filed for AOS, then you are not a visitor.
    K-1 in a non-immigrant visa. Until AOS has been decided, I don't consider myself a resident. If I left the country now, I would be deemed to have "abandoned my APPLICATION" for status - NOT my status. Since I don't HAVE status yet, how can I, for DMV purposes?
    You don't start residing in CA as soon as your I-94 expires.If you have filed for AOS, you are not a visitor.
    Why not? It hasn't been approved.. ANYONE can FILE for AOS. Even illegal visitors. Until it's pronounced valid, it means nothing.
    From thee DMV info:How to apply for a driver license if you are over 18If you are a visitor in California over 18 and have a valid driverlicense from your home state or country, you may drive in this statewithout getting a California driver license as long as your homestatelicense remains valid.If you take a job here or become a resident, you must get aCaliforniadriver license within 10 days. Residency is established by voting inaCalifornia election, paying resident tuition, filing for ahomeowner'sproperty tax exemption, or any other privilege or benefit notordinarilyextended to nonresidents.
    Sure. And which one of those have I done by staying here for less than 6 months (as is allowed for Canadian citizens)? Upshot: I'm NOT going to get a DL that expires in 4 weeks, since that's the only document I have that "expires" at this time. They probably wouldn't have even mailed me my real card by then.. Once I get the 1-year (or less) EAD, I'll get a DL. Mattias
    Your DL will NOT expire in 4 weeks. Please read my post.

Might be useful to go back and edit your posts to advise anyone reading
    to make sure they read to the end of the thread where I have corrected
    the information.

--

Your DL will NOT expire in 4 weeks. Please read my post. Might be useful to go back and edit your posts to advise anyone reading to make sure they read to the end of the thread where I have corrected the information.
    Mine expires with my EAD.

Now I am sure that it varies by State, but many (most?) will issue you
    for the period you are in status. So if you use the I94 it will be for
    the remainder of the 90 days or whatever. If you use the EAD then until
    the EAD runs out. So it could eb a matter of weeks. Mine was for a year,
    the duration of my EAD.

--

Mine expires with my EAD. Now I am sure that it varies by State, but many (most?) will issue you for the period you are in status. So if you use the I94 it will be for the remainder of the 90 days or whatever. If you use the EAD then until the EAD runs out. So it could eb a matter of weeks. Mine was for a year, the duration of my EAD.
    California was as per my EAD date, I think it is based on that you are
    legally resident until then, after that you would need a new EAD or a
    green card.
    Califronia regards you a resident once you are working in this state.

Patrick

--
    inquisitive40

Yes, please! He tells me, "go to the one with the jumpy cow and the stinky guy!" Then he says in his best cow voice: I'm so happy, i'm jumping and jumping, i'm so happy! ha ha... Ok, so maybe you have to be there, but it is cute! Marnee I'll trade ya for a smiling frog!
    Aww how cute, I will always have funky cows in my signature so little
    Trevor has nothing to worry about!!
    Have a lovely weekend!!

--
    Last edited by ronaldg; 07-24-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Mine expires with my EAD. Now I am sure that it varies by State, but many (most?) will issue you for the period you are in status. So if you use the I94 it will be for the remainder of the 90 days or whatever. If you use the EAD then until the EAD runs out. So it could eb a matter of weeks. Mine was for a year, the duration of my EAD.
    Really?? When I got my Colorado drivers license I was here on a J1
    (It was valid for a year), they issued me a minor license at first
    (I was under 21) and when I turned 21.. they issued me a 10 year
    driving license.

--

Really?? When I got my Colorado drivers license I was here on a J1 (It was valid for a year), they issued me a minor license at first (I was under 21) and when I turned 21.. they issued me a 10 year driving license.
    Well not here in CA

Patrick

--
    inquisitive40

Not in California, to which I was referring.

--

Not in California, to which I was referring.
    Perhaps the message should be to not just assume that the rules are the
    same as they were last year, 5 years ago etc.

Seems to be a general tightening of the rules and if it has not hit your
    State yet it probably will.

--

Your DL will NOT expire in 4 weeks. Please read my post. Might be useful to go back and edit your posts to advise anyone reading to make sure they read to the end of the thread where I have corrected the information.
    FYI for all: This newsgroup is a Usenet group which some of us access
    through a web forum. Usenet posts may not be edited (they will be on the
    forum, but not to the rest of the world). Approx 10 minutes after you
    post via BE, your post is synched with news servers worldwide.

Usenet corrections should be made in the thread so they stay with their
    original post.

--

Well not here in CA Patrick
    I was replying to Boiler who is in Colorado

--

Perhaps the message should be to not just assume that the rules are the same as they were last year, 5 years ago etc. Seems to be a general tightening of the rules and if it has not hit your State yet it probably will.
    I agree. But I am assuming they haven't changed in the last month.
    I've only had my licence a month.

--

FYI for all: This newsgroup is a Usenet group which some of us access through a web forum. Usenet posts may not be edited (they will be on the forum, but not to the rest of the world). Approx 10 minutes after you post via BE, your post is synched with news servers worldwide. Usenet corrections should be made in the thread so they stay with their original post.
    Yeah I know, just didn't think about it at the time.

--

In article <f%dnd.23152$6q2.21741@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com> , anon <anon@anon.anon> wrote:
    Mattias Hembruch wrote:
    My understanding is that if you "reside" in CA, then you need a CADL.If you have filed for AOS, then you are not a visitor.
    K-1 in a non-immigrant visa. Until AOS has been decided, I don't consider myself a resident. If I left the country now, I would be deemed to have "abandoned my APPLICATION" for status - NOT my status. Since I don't HAVE status yet, how can I, for DMV purposes?
    You don't start residing in CA as soon as your I-94 expires.If you have filed for AOS, you are not a visitor.
    Why not? It hasn't been approved.. ANYONE can FILE for AOS. Even illegal visitors. Until it's pronounced valid, it means nothing.
    From thee DMV info:How to apply for a driver license if you are over 18If you are a visitor in California over 18 and have a valid driverlicense from your home state or country, you may drive in this statewithout getting a California driver license as long as your homestatelicense remains valid.If you take a job here or become a resident, you must get aCaliforniadriver license within 10 days. Residency is established by voting inaCalifornia election, paying resident tuition, filing for ahomeowner'sproperty tax exemption, or any other privilege or benefit notordinarilyextended to nonresidents.
    Sure. And which one of those have I done by staying here for less than 6 months (as is allowed for Canadian citizens)? Upshot: I'm NOT going to get a DL that expires in 4 weeks, since that's the only document I have that "expires" at this time. They probably wouldn't have even mailed me my real card by then.. Once I get the 1-year (or less) EAD, I'll get a DL. Mattias
    In NYS the fact that you migrated with a K-1 and have filed for AOS and
    are married and living in the state, proof being having mailed delivered
    to you, a bank account, etc. makes you a resident of the State.

Hey you are free to interpret California's regulations and they are free
    to charge you if when stopped for a driving violation they find you in
    violation of that regulation. Then a court will decide.

BTW has Canada taken away your resdiency yet?

Rete

--
    I'm not an attorney. This disclaimer is valid in NYS!

Rete wrote:
    In NYS the fact that you migrated with a K-1 and have filed for AOS and are married and living in the state, proof being having mailed delivered to you, a bank account, etc. makes you a resident of the State. Hey you are free to interpret California's regulations and they are free to charge you if when stopped for a driving violation they find you in violation of that regulation. Then a court will decide.
    DMV is California are pretty much in agreement with your srtate. He
    seems to be confusing USCIS permanent resident status with state (or
    local, etc) resident status.

In article <35$265788$1835135$1100976054@britishexpats.com> ,
    CaliforniaBride <member12142@british_expats.com> wrote:
    In article <35$265788$1809873$1100203913@britishexpats.com> , inquisitive40 <inquisitive40@britishexpats.com> wrote:
    > Nah...still getting papers together, I needed an sponsor and right> now> we are in the process of getting the tax returns together. But as> soon> that is done I will be at my lawyers office to sign the paperwork> and> make my appointment to the Fresno immigration office.> You will know and understand that it's still a nerve wrecking time> for me...Well I am PRETTY sure that without being legally in the country youwillnot be allowed to get a driving license, the require documentation toshow you are legally here.Patrick
    NO NO NO! NOT correct.When I passed my test I was given a piece of paper that said I hadpassed it was called an interim license and was valid for about 90 days(can't remember how long).The reason for that was they do not issue the laminated jobbie onthe same day.The interim license was just to cover me until I got my laminated one.Similar to in the UK. When you finish your test you get handed a pieceof paper that you can use to drive on until you send for your properlicense. Difference here being that they automatically send it here youdon't have to request it.It had NOTHING to do with my passport AOS or anything.Glad to have cleared that up.
    Ah.. I see.

Perhaps I had you confused with someone else who had to go get their license
    renewed everytime their EAD expired.

My mistake.

Mattias

In article <35$265788$1833589$1100904628@britishexpats.com> ,
    In article <aRdnd.19582$zx1.345@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com> , anon <anon@anon.anon> wrote:
    Mattias Hembruch wrote:>> Just curious why you're so eager to get a DL?>> I'm still driving on my Ontario (Canada) license, and it's just> fine..>> I have my SSN, so I CAN apply for one.. But, I have no NEED of one> yet..>> Sooner or later.. Once my foot heals..I think you need to have chat with someone at DMV that actuallyknowssomething. If you reside in California, your foreign license isnot valid.
    And, Mr. "anon@anon", what proves that I am residing in California? Mattias
    http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#2500"Residency is established by voting in a California election, payingresident tuition, filing for a homeowner's property tax exemption, orany other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended tononresidents. "http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d01/vc516.htmResident516. "Resident" means any person who manifests an intent to live or be located in this state on more than a temporary or transient basis. Presence in the state for six months or more in any 12- month period gives rise to a rebuttable presumption of residency.The following are evidence of residency for purposes of vehicleregistrationa) Address where registered to vote.(b) Location of employment or place of business.(c) Payment of resident tuition at a public institution of higher education.(d) Attendance of dependents at a primary or secondary school.(e) Filing a homeowner's property tax exemption.(f) Renting or leasing a home for use as a residence.
    It's in my wife's maiden name :-)

(g) Declaration of residency to obtain a license or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to a nonresident.(h) Possession of a California driver's license.(i) Other acts, occurrences, or events that indicate presence in the state is more than temporary or transient.
    Well, I guess f) or i) might apply.. None of the others do.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll have to study the DMV handbook soon..

Mattias

In article <35$265788$1841106$1101191645@britishexpats.com> ,
    Rete <Rete@britishexpats.com> wrote:
    Mattias Hembruch wrote:>> Now I remember why I'm in no hurry to get my CA DL. I think it was> CaliforniaBride who reported that her DL was only good until the> end of her> I-90. Well, mine expires in 6 weeks (applied for AOS about 10 days> ago).>> No sense getting a DL that's only good for a few weeks.. and then> paying> AGAIN later..>> MattiasMy understanding is that if you "reside" in CA, then you need a CADL.If you have filed for AOS, then you are not a visitor.
    In NYS the fact that you migrated with a K-1 and have filed for AOS andare married and living in the state, proof being having mailed deliveredto you, a bank account, etc. makes you a resident of the State.
    For all those so worried about my status, I went and got a California's
    driver's license last week :-)

Mattias

In article <35$265788$1841106$1101191645@britishexpats.com> , Rete <Rete@britishexpats.com> wrote:
    In article <f%dnd.23152$6q2.21741@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com> , anon <anon@anon.anon> wrote: >Mattias Hembruch wrote: >> >> Now I remember why I'm in no hurry to get my CA DL. I think it >> was >> CaliforniaBride who reported that her DL was only good until the >> end of her >> I-90. Well, mine expires in 6 weeks (applied for AOS about 10 >> days >> ago). >> >> No sense getting a DL that's only good for a few weeks.. and >> then >> paying >> AGAIN later.. >> >> Mattias >My understanding is that if you "reside" in CA, then you need a CA >DL. > If you have filed for AOS, then you are not a visitor. K-1 in a non-immigrant visa. Until AOS has been decided, I don't consider myself a resident. If I left the country now, I would be deemed to have "abandoned my APPLICATION" for status - NOT my status. Since I don't HAVE status yet, how can I, for DMV purposes? >You don't start residing in CA as soon as your I-94 expires. >If you have filed for AOS, you are not a visitor. Why not? It hasn't been approved.. ANYONE can FILE for AOS. Even illegal visitors. Until it's pronounced valid, it means nothing. > From thee DMV info: > >How to apply for a driver license if you are over 18 >If you are a visitor in California over 18 and have a valid driver >license from your home state or country, you may drive in this >state >without getting a California driver license as long as your home >state >license remains valid. >If you take a job here or become a resident, you must get a >California >driver license within 10 days. Residency is established by voting >in >a >California election, paying resident tuition, filing for a >homeowner's >property tax exemption, or any other privilege or benefit not >ordinarily >extended to nonresidents. Sure. And which one of those have I done by staying here for less than 6 months (as is allowed for Canadian citizens)? Upshot: I'm NOT going to get a DL that expires in 4 weeks, since that's the only document I have that "expires" at this time. They probably wouldn't have even mailed me my real card by then.. Once I get the 1-year (or less) EAD, I'll get a DL. MattiasIn NYS the fact that you migrated with a K-1 and have filed for AOSandare married and living in the state, proof being having maileddeliveredto you, a bank account, etc. makes you a resident of the State.
    For all those so worried about my status, I went and got a California's driver's license last week :-) Mattias
    How was the process? Was a piece of cake for me. How long is it valid
    for? What did you present as residence?

--

In article <35$265788$1906140$1103564237@britishexpats.com> ,

[cut]
    For all those so worried about my status, I went and got a California's driver's license last week :-) MattiasHow was the process? Was a piece of cake for me. How long is it validfor? What did you present as residence?
    I made an online appointment. Went in to write the test, and with a bit of
    studying, got 36/36 on the written test.

Took the drive test the next day. I'm sure someone will say I'm complaining,
    but, a combination of bad luck and maybe being overconfident led to a
    failure on the first test. Was in a 2-lane road, on the right in city
    traffic (going maybe 20 mph). Van on the left, blocking my view, a little
    ahead of me. Came to a crosswalk, van went through, I saw that pedestrians
    had already entered crosswalk on other side of road. Given the CONSTANT
    point that both the driver's handbook AND my wife had made of the fact that
    pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way, I hit the brakes, hard enough to
    squeal a bit, but stopped in time.

Sure enough, I got dinged for "slamming on the brakes in traffic" and
    failed. Given the examiner's attitude, I'm sure I would have failed for
    going through a crosswalk with pedestrians in it.

Repeated the next day without incident and got the license. Had a much more
    cheerful examiner too.

A little more involved that I had expected based on reports here - it was a
    good 10-12 minute drive. Overall not that difficult.

General observations: California wants you to brake EARLIER than you are
    used to from driving elsewhere. Stay below the speed limit, brake early and
    you should be fine.

Mattias

In article <cqcofj$rfe$1@rumours.uwaterloo.ca>,
    Mattias Hembruch <mghembru@ampere.uwaterloo.ca.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
    In article <35$265788$1906140$1103564237@britishexpats.com>,C aliforniaBride <member12142@british_expats.com> wrote:[cut]
    For all those so worried about my status, I went and got a California's driver's license last week :-) MattiasHow was the process? Was a piece of cake for me. How long is it validfor? What did you present as residence?
    As for ID, just showed my SSN + passport with I94 in it..

Mattias

In article <35$265788$1906140$1103564237@britishexpats.com> , CaliforniaBride <member12142@british_expats.com> wrote: [cut]
    For all those so worried about my status, I went and got a California's driver's license last week :-) MattiasHow was the process? Was a piece of cake for me. How long is itvalidfor? What did you present as residence?
    I made an online appointment. Went in to write the test, and with a bit of studying, got 36/36 on the written test. Took the drive test the next day. I'm sure someone will say I'm complaining, but, a combination of bad luck and maybe being overconfident led to a failure on the first test. Was in a 2-lane road, on the right in city traffic (going maybe 20 mph). Van on the left, blocking my view, a little ahead of me. Came to a crosswalk, van went through, I saw that pedestrians had already entered crosswalk on other side of road. Given the CONSTANT point that both the driver's handbook AND my wife had made of the fact that pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way, I hit the brakes, hard enough to squeal a bit, but stopped in time. Sure enough, I got dinged for "slamming on the brakes in traffic" and failed. Given the examiner's attitude, I'm sure I would have failed for going through a crosswalk with pedestrians in it. Repeated the next day without incident and got the license. Had a much more cheerful examiner too. A little more involved that I had expected based on reports here - it was a good 10-12 minute drive. Overall not that difficult. General observations: California wants you to brake EARLIER than you are used to from driving elsewhere. Stay below the speed limit, brake early and you should be fine. Mattias
    On the lighter side - my wife flunked her first driving test by failing
    to look over her right shoulder as she made a right hand turn (in case a
    bicyclist had magically appeared from nowhere); she failed her second
    drive test when she ran a red light; and she failed the third test when
    she stopped on a green light!

On the third fail, she had to retake the written test, which submitted
    her (me) to a whole new round of bureaucratic battles proving legal
    residency (before finally getting EAD and SSN)

--
    rickrgrs

On the lighter side - my wife flunked her first driving test by failing to look over her right shoulder as she made a right hand turn (in case a bicyclist had magically appeared from nowhere); she failed her second drive test when she ran a red light; and she failed the third test when she stopped on a green light! On the third fail, she had to retake the written test, which submitted her (me) to a whole new round of bureaucratic battles proving legal residency (before finally getting EAD and SSN)
    Woohoo - i passed my test the first attempt the other day - only lasted
    about 15 mins, no manourves like in blighty, just had to drive very
    cautously, checking mirrors every 2 seconds - couple of left turns
    couple of rights, few stop signs and intersections and that was it???

saying that - u always need a bit of luck on your test, i was fortunate
    that the roads were so so quiet, no pedestrians to worry about, no other
    cars to cut me up etc etc

now just to wait for my licence to arrive - how long did other peoples
    take by the way??

Ant

--
    Ant & Jen

Woohoo - i passed my test the first attempt the other day - only lasted about 15 mins, no manourves like in blighty, just had to drive very cautously, checking mirrors every 2 seconds - couple of left turns couple of rights, few stop signs and intersections and that was it??? saying that - u always need a bit of luck on your test, i was fortunate that the roads were so so quiet, no pedestrians to worry about, no other cars to cut me up etc etc now just to wait for my licence to arrive - how long did other peoples take by the way?? Ant
    My driving test was in lunchtime rush hour traffic, lasted about 15-20
    mins, the tester was mainly interested in changing lanes, navigating
    intersections, awareness of other traffic on the road and also to
    reverse 100 feet. All in all was easy compared to my driving test 20 yrs
    previous in Ireland.
    Still have not gotten my proper license from DMV yet, that was about 6
    weeks ago
    Patrick

--
    inquisitive40

My driving test was in lunchtime rush hour traffic, lasted about 15-20 mins, the tester was mainly interested in changing lanes, navigating intersections, awareness of other traffic on the road and also to reverse 100 feet. All in all was easy compared to my driving test 20 yrs previous in Ireland. Still have not gotten my proper license from DMV yet, that was about 6 weeks ago Patrick
    Woohoo - got my proper drivers licence today!! - most impressed as i
    only passed my test on dec 17th - and considering the xmas break - i was
    expecting it to take the full 6-8 weeks they told me to expect!!.

Ant

--
    Ant & Jen

I was reading over the post.. I hope everything goes well for you, as my husband is a permanente resident, i am his sponsor and when we went to the dmv to get his ID they did everything and gave him a receipt and we didn't get anything in the mail.. went back 6 month later , they told us it wasn't sent because they were waiting on status from INS to approve it. 6 months after that, still no ID, but he took his written and driving test and past, received his lisense 2 weeks after in the mail.

again, hope all is well !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123