Thread: JCBA that our union has with company and a depostion negates it Texas

Default JCBA that our union has with company and a depostion negates it Texas

I am a union member and we have a JCBA agreed with our company. I have been summoned last minute to a deposition as a representative of the company and the deposition actually negates an agreement with our union JCBA contract and the company. Does the company have to honor the jcba contract from my union?

I work for an airline company and I am a flight attendant if that helps..
    Last edited by austinlarson; 12-01-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Have you contacted your union rep/steward? What did they say?

Quote Originally Posted by hr for me View Post
    Have you contacted your union rep/steward? What did they say?
    The union didn't have an answer for me. I am waiting for a response from them.

Quote Originally Posted by austinlarson View Post
    The union didn't have an answer for me. I am waiting for a response from them.
    also... the deposition is for a work related matter, not personal. They removed us from our trips scheduled the week of the disposition. We will receive our hours for the trips that were taken away from us, but they will not pay us our per diem, which greatly effects our paychecks. I was told by union that they were not able to pay for the per diem that would normally be paid for the trip. Was our union rep misinformed? Does the company also have to reimburse me for the milage I will spend driving to and from to attend the disposition? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by austinlarson View Post
    also... the deposition is for a work related matter, not personal. They removed us from our trips scheduled the week of the disposition. We will receive our hours for the trips that were taken away from us, but they will not pay us our per diem, which greatly effects our paychecks. I was told by union that they were not able to pay for the per diem that would normally be paid for the trip. Was our union rep misinformed? Does the company also have to reimburse me for the milage I will spend driving to and from to attend the disposition? Thank you
    May I Also ask. I was told that since they are video taping the deposition that we would probably not have to go to court, if it goes to trial. Was I also mis informed about this. We are based in Texas but the suit is filled in another state. I often thought that if the case goes to trial that we would have to go to the state the suit was filled in.