Thread: Honoring Notice Given Wyoming

Default Honoring Notice Given Wyoming

I have a written employment agreement requiring me to give 90 days notice. On my employers end, if I am terminated, they have to give me 90 days notice plus pay 6 months of my house mortgage after those 90 days ( I moved to a secluded location). I ended up giving them 6 months notice of my intent to leave this position. They have come back and only offered to pay me 2 months and no mortgage payments. They are obviously in violation of my written agreement but can they just pay me 90 days now or have they legally terminated me by not honoring my 6 month notice and would they then also have to pay my mortgage payments?

Super Moderator

We cannot interpret the terms of an agreement we have not read. You are going to need to show the entire agreement to an attorney in Wyoming.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Yes, without actually seeing the agreement we cannot advise you on this matter. Seek out a contract or employment lawyer in Wyoming. You can usually find someone who will do an initial session for low or no cost who will tell you if you have a case worth pursuing.