Thread: California-Company relocating status in limbo

Default California-Company relocating status in limbo

So my company is in the process of relocating over 300 miles away (SoCal to NorCal) i was offered to relocate with them, but i informed that was not an option as my wife has a job here, i am a Warehouse man and they offered i drive between here and there, i informed them i have a toddler at home and cant leave for days at a time.

Back in April an email went out and one sentence stuck out to me:
    All employees that work in the SoCal Warehouse will be offered positions within this "New" structure and there are no layoffs scheduled.

The owner informed me he would be paying me for 3 months after "My ladt day in the SoCal Warehouse"

Monday i received an email the the "Last Day SoCal Warehouse will be open is 8/31/17 this is definite"

I asked my company contact if that wpuld be my last day and he replied "Let me work on that", im not sure what tp make of that, ive told the owner and leadership i have no inyentions of quiting, but with aprils email and now the latest "let me work on it" i am concerned they are positioning them selves to remove UI as an option, in thos scnario am i still entilted to benfits?

As long as you don't quit your job in SoCal you will be fine as far as UI is concerned. Refusing that far a move is not disqualifying. If I were you I would show up every day to work until they lock the doors or tell you that you are terminated and on that day file for UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Payroll Guy View Post
    As long as you don't quit your job in SoCal you will be fine as far as UI is concerned. Refusing that far a move is not disqualifying. If I were you I would show up every day to work until they lock the doors or tell you that you are terminated and on that day file for UI.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to read and reply, yes thats what i plan on doing as the clock ticks i grow more and more anxious , been at this company 10years so its really got me stressed..