Thread: West Virginia Unemployment Audit Letter Received by Employer West Virginia

Default West Virginia Unemployment Audit Letter Received by Employer West Virginia

Today my employer received a West Virginia Unemployment audit letter asking about whether I was employed by them in certain weeks, which I was not. Is this usual for West Virginia? I was hired in March and they get this letter in July. Just got concerned and would like some feedback/opinions on this.

Thank you,

Super Moderator

Every state does random audits. It's nothing to be concerned about unless you really were working at a time when you were collecting.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

generally wages are reported by quarter and the state has no way of knowing which weeks in the quarter you worked (especially since it was a partial quarter I f you were hired in March). I agree it is a normal audit function and you have nothing to worry about if you were truthful about when you started work (not your first pay but your first work day)