Thread: Suspended license Montana

Default Suspended license Montana

Need help ASAP! So I am living in Montana (just moved) and have a South Carolina drivers license. I just got in a accident and the officer said my drivers license is suspended. Asked why and the only thing he could get for now is unpaid traffic violations. Well, called Sc DMV and they said my license was not suspended???? How can this be and what can I do to fix it??

Super Moderator

When you say, just moved, how long ago do you mean?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

]
    Actually been here off and on for five years but very season and I don't always come back in the summer. I called sc DMV and they said it wasn't suspended? And checked on line? The officer said from outsiding traffic violations and I don't have any here. Also, is there interstate commerce here?

Super Moderator

Do you have any unpaid traffic violations from anywhere that you know of?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Your situation of moving back and forth for several months each year may be the problem.

Most states require you to obtain a license in that state if you are continuously in the state longer than 30 or 60 days (varies by state).

Your South Carolina license may be suspended in Montana because you have exceeded this time limit.